elliott
10 years ago
My 1966 beetle bought form Parts Emporium as a project it was a cal look from the 1980s.
Been off the road 14 years. I replaced heater channels rebuilt brakes fitted earlier wheels and replaced the 1980 seats fitted 1300 twin port engine. Added a few accessories .got back on the road in august went to Norfolk on holiday in it found AA box and took picture off it now got 1700 miles on her know user every. [img]beetle on holaday[/img]  beetle on holaday.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Sunroof53
10 years ago
Looks nice Elliot ,I will try and get over to take a look.

Mike.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Yes nice looking :thumbup:

Andy W
elliott
10 years ago
Hi mike would be good to met you do you know where i am ? using car every day the more miles i get on it the better it drives.Making a pair of fender skirt at work.
elliott
10 years ago
clutch releasebearing clapsed to day engine is out gearbox inputshaft came out slides back in will this be allright or is it a gearbox strip ? help.
Sunroof53
10 years ago
if the input shaft came out the small stud joining it to the rest of the input shaft has snapped.the reverse gear slides over the two halves to drive it .have a look in the end of the input shaft to see if the stud is still in there.To repair it properly you have to remove the side plates and fit a new stud .There is also a circlip on the shaft which stops the gear from moving forward.

Where are you based now ?have you moved from dunsby?
elliott
10 years ago
back on road new clutch gear box mounts rear oil seal sorted gearbox.mick thanks for the info live in Dyke work at Halls Garage in Morton.

Jason
Sunroof53
10 years ago
Didn't realise you were at halls garage.Glad to hear you got it sorted .i will drive by Monday .Volkswagens and porsche s at halls!The MG crowd will not be happy. ..

Mike.
10 years ago
Hello!

lovely to see you have got it done.

I'd like to see it in the metal again at some point.

Well done!

:smile:
www.vwoval.co.uk
elliott
10 years ago
mick pop into work any time we work on vws. restored 1963 beetle last year.get other vws in the workshop this year.suprising how many vw are around localy but dont come out.laptop went down 3 weeks now back.Julian meet up next year or pop down to see you. Wich project are you working on next.Jason
elliott
10 years ago
Wanted 1966 door cards in light gray? silver can any one help
elliott
10 years ago
https://www.facebook.com/my1966bug?ref=hl  we have just hit the 4000 miles mark since being back on the road in august last year.