Lost64
10 years ago
Back in the early '90's I owned KSG 780, which according to data I had was produced early in July 1953,and built before RTC 296. It might well have been one of the first cars imported by the fledgling VW Motors of Great Britain.
What I bought was a decent body on it's original and restorable chassis. Sadly all the valuable bits had gone over the years, although the original tan leatherette interior was still there, and in very good condition. Over the years I had it, I managed to collect most of the missing parts, but eventually had to sell due to domestic life getting in the way. It went to Swansea and was to be restored. I've recently learned that it's changed hands, and lost it's registration, but I believe the car itself is still around.
Can anyone on here shed any more light on this?:thumbup:

Gavin.
Rich Oakley
10 years ago
Bringing an old post back from the dead. Here's a few UK from new '53's that are on my list...
LUS 805
BEF 335
HGV 906
GSD 401
RLH 613
LOW 897
KAP 975
JBX 199
7568 PP

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Mike Peckham
10 years ago

Bringing an old post back from the dead. Here's a few UK from new '53's that are on my list...
LUS 805
BEF 335
HGV 906
GSD 401
RLH 613
LOW 897
KAP 975
JBX 199
7568 PP

Originally Posted by: Rich Oakley 

You can add OGX 777, black, sunroof model, currently undergoing a 20 year restoration I think...

Mike

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Rattletrap
10 years ago

LUS 805
BEF 335
HGV 906
GSD 401
RLH 613
LOW 897
KAP 975
JBX 199
7568 PP

Originally Posted by: Rich Oakley 

LOW 514 the 1953 RHD Stndard oval I used to own was a UK new carRich. Ownd now by Juian Robinson here. :smile:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
N2C_coxiste
9 years ago
Hi!
early 21 April 1953 black & RHD will arrive here next...
First owner, from Island next Portugal. (VIN -1-0470xxx)
8)

Edit: Delivered to Mozambique in 1953...

Salut,
nouvelle venue sur la cote d'Opale...
Une Ovale de début 1953.
Produite en Allemagne pour le marché du Mozambique. d’où le RHD
Rapatriée en 1956 au Portugal.

Les +:
ailes d'origines non modifiées
capots d'origines
tableau de bord nickel
Les passages de roues
les supports de pare-chocs
les gouttières
les capots
les pieds de portes

Les -:
Pas complète
un peu chiffonnées, bosses, pavillon, ailes, panneau de custode droit, portes, jupe avant.

😎

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

😎 😎 😎 8)

8)
Vonwinnie
8 years ago

Hello, my first day here.:d
Just some news about the early april 1953 oval from mozambique. FE 98 82
She found a home back to Germany after 62 years
Hope she will be happy here...
She will be love for sure
:oops:
eastdave2
4 years ago

Dear Julian

Do you still own LOW 514, I used to own it for many years as was the owner that drove it to RAF Wyton. I guess I may have been the last to MOT it and drive it to work.

David East

2 years ago

Dear Julian

Do you still own LOW 514, I used to own it for many years as was the owner that drove it to RAF Wyton. I guess I may have been the last to MOT it and drive it to work.

David East

Originally Posted by: eastdave2 

Hello. No I sadly don't any more.. had to sell to fund a much needed Divorce.. but LOW is in VERY good hands and will re appear... better than new!
www.vwoval.co.uk