pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
4 years ago

Lets see some guesses as to how much/if this sells at auction in August...

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/mo19/monterey/lots/r0031-1939-porsche-type-64/776606 

4f89c1a341378bef587f5ea9d3021b2298e52b08.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
4 years ago
Wonder if Porsche will try and buy it? Again! This is the only one of these things with much of a legitimate claim to be original.

Got to be worth at least half a million euros.

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
4 years ago

Apparently Ferry Porsche himself put the Porsche badge on the front, if this is the case, he wasn't much of a craftsman was he UserPostedImage

I remember seeing a photo of it in the UK, I thought it was Silverstone, but may have been Brooklands. It was just parked up on some grass I think.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
4 years ago
I saw it at the Goodwood Festival of Speed many years back, so it was probably there. I was totally shocked at the time (pre internet) as i had no idea up until then that any of these had survived. I'd only ever seen blurry old black and white pics. I remember looking underneath and it appeared to be built on a floorpan, though the pressings were rather different to usual Beetle. Probably have some pics somewhere in a shoebox.

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage