HairyYeti
16 years ago
This is something I did a while ago for my brother to sell-on in the USA.

What would people pay for re-chromed / painted / re-freshed reflectors and re-polished glass in a set of GENUINE German headlamps..?

Short of this I may offer stocks of re-manufactured sub-components such as the stainless adjuster screws and security-fixing screws we offer.

TTFN
http://www.volksbolts.com  gives you the widest range of Stainless Steel and High Tensile nut and bolt kits for air cooled VWs on the planet
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
simonhanloncole
16 years ago
New genuine Hella lamps complete are still available and £99 each. millions of SH ones kicking about at shows, some in Ok order too.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Those retaining spring clip things are always kippered though. You could have some of them made up maybe?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
HairyYeti
16 years ago
I've had my eye on those springs for a while but have never got round to having them made..!

I have many happy memories of them pinging out over the garage and disappearing behind things.!

I was thinking of more the Pre-62 style of headlamps for resto-work as the 63-67 style are still turning up NOS.

http://www.volksbolts.com  gives you the widest range of Stainless Steel and High Tensile nut and bolt kits for air cooled VWs on the planet
Andy Sparks
16 years ago

New genuine Hella lamps complete are still available and £99 each. millions of SH ones kicking about at shows, some in Ok order too.

"simonhanloncole" wrote:

There are some differencies though, there is a rivit through the drain hole on mine, and they were new.

Andy
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Jules
16 years ago

Those retaining spring clip things are always kippered though. You could have some of them made up maybe?

"JD" wrote:

They are already available!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago

"Jules" wrote:

They are already available!

"JD" wrote:

Doh! You mean I've been making them out of old bicycle spokes all these years for nothing?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
HairyYeti
16 years ago
Springs with hooks on each end can be bought cheap off the shelf from good suppliers : a best fit can be found from a standard range of offerings.
(With respect to those springs that hold the bulb-holders in place on early headlamps.)

The long L shaped springs are makeable / available : but quality may be an issue.
(with respect to those fiddly ones that hold the rims to the light buckets.)

I'm looking into both slowly but surely as time is tight at the moment due to moving house and working on far too many things at the same time.