lou cypher
16 years ago

no more cars for me :roll: if you have to register soon how do i know what i'll have then :roll:

"356boy" wrote:

:shock: Sell one of them, greedy! :twisted: :wink:
356boy
16 years ago
greedy! who me :twisted:
the red stock ghia will be going when its finished :cry:

to buy something else :lol:
lou cypher
16 years ago

greedy! who me :twisted:
the red stock ghia will be going when its finished :cry:

to buy something else :lol:

"356boy" wrote:

Yeah a T1 for HO :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
mrsherbie
16 years ago

I disagree here. The true definition of 'Vintage' is as a car built between the start of 1919 and the end of 1930, so officially there is no such thing as a vintage Volkswagen. The term was I think promoted in the US by the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America (https://www.vvwca.com/) which originally concentrated on split window bugs. The term Vintage has become synonymous with stock, for example the annual 'Vintage' issue of HotVW's magazine was crammed full of stock cars, if vintage was purely the age of the car then every issue would be a vintage issue

"356boy" wrote:

well i agree with the captain :lol: :wink:

Yes I also agree with Rob about our modern mis-use of the term vintage. It simply identifies our group style in convenient general terms.

but at HO there is obviously going to be alot of modified vw's.

"356boy" wrote:

No! Why? H.O. and B.C. are the LAST 2 major meetings for stock vws in Europe. And this is the ONLY reason all the stock cars drive hundreds of miles from other countries to attend.
To meet other STOCK cars and the people who own them. People from different countries who all share THE SAME IDENTICAL passion.

i think its good to look around all types

"356boy" wrote:

Yes, But not at these last 2 surviving stock shows. There are shows in every country every weekend. But we dont bother attending most of them? Why is that...

I have had almost 20years of attending all vw shows.
But now I want to only park in a lineup of stock height cars.
Thats what I like, and thats what I am bloodywell going to do! If that makes me some enemies then thats fine by me! :twisted: :D

People seem to think that stockers 'dont mind' because they 'dont say anything' well, my observations having asked lots of stock people who are maybe 10 years and more older than myself, is that they are simply too polite to make comment.
So the sad thing is that instead they just dont return to future shows.
Look at Peppercorn. Where did all the nice old stock cars go? The answer is that they just stay at home instead.

The only difference between us and those older stock vw owners is that we have a little more fight to keep our very small part of the scene the way we want it.

6V (and before anyone disputes this one, all my cars have always stayed 6v and always worked perfectly, there is no excuse to change, (unless you are laden down with accessories maybe! :lol: )

STOCK HEIGHT!

For me a car doesnt have to be remotely 100% correct or pretty or shiny. Just these 2 things are enough. I could concede to 12v ok, but must be stock height.

I have lots of very close modified friends who's vw's I like very much in their own right, and I am not saying people cant attend these shows in modified cars, but just that you shouldnt expect to be on display/part of a stock show if you dont fit the rules/criteria for that particular show.

Someone tell me why people with lowered narrowed cars park up in the middle of a lineup of stock cars and think their car fits in there? :roll:

We might not share their taste but at least the restowagen guys always have their own (and very well organised!) displays.
They get it.
Parking together with others of the same taste and views makes for a much better display.

Lowered/modified is just not stock. Which ever colour sunglasses you look through 😎
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
356boy
16 years ago

No! Why? H.O. and B.C. are the LAST 2 major meetings for stock vws in Europe. And this is the ONLY reason all the stock cars drive hundreds of miles from other countries to attend.

i will also be travelling hundreds of miles, maybe in a modified car, if i do where do all the modified cars park, are they aloud in the town or do they hace to park miles away.

We might not share their taste but at least the restowagen guys always have their own (and very well organised!) displays.
They get it.
Parking together with others of the same taste and views makes for a much better display.

this is another point i was making, there are going to be just as many modified cars going,you cant stop that i'm afraid, but it cant be hard to keep them together away from the stockers. at BC the organisers should have refused entry to the field for any modified car whether they had pre booked or not, the rules were set.

:wink:
Chris
16 years ago

i will also be travelling hundreds of miles, maybe in a modified car, if i do where do all the modified cars park

"356boy" wrote:

To be honest, I don't give a toss where they park as long as it's not within the show. If I'd want to go to a modified show, I'd go to one in this country. HO is a stock show and that's how it should / must remain. 😶

Just like this site is. :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
pre67vw
16 years ago

i will also be travelling hundreds of miles, maybe in a modified car, if i do where do all the modified cars park, are they aloud in the town or do they hace to park miles away.

"356boy" wrote:

Not wishing to appear rude, but if you like modified cars so much, why hang out here? why go to H.O. at all? There are other shows with all VW's and Porsches and it sounds like you would enjoy them a whole lot more.

If on the other hand you have a passion for stock, then drive to H.O. in your stock VW and take part, or go in your modified VW and leave it parked at your hotel.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Chris
16 years ago

"356boy" wrote:

Looks like I've found somewhere for the modified cars to park...

UserPostedImage

Just think of the money you'll save on petrol. You can put it towards a 'proper' car... :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
356boy
16 years ago
like i say, i like all types off vw's. STOCK aswell as modified. i enjoyed the whole experience of BC so i will be going to HO 😃 met some nice people and seen some great cars. isnt that what its all about :roll:

i'm not asking for it to be turned into a modified show. where does non stock cars park though.

pre67vw
16 years ago

To be honest, I don't give a toss where they park as long as it's not within the show.

"SDV" wrote:

😃
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago

STOCK HEIGHT!

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Like this...? 😃 :shock:

UserPostedImage
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
16 years ago

Looks like I've found somewhere for the modified cars to park...

UserPostedImage

"SDV" wrote:

:lol: :lol:

this is another point i was making, there are going to be just as many modified cars going,you cant stop that i'm afraid, but it cant be hard to keep them together away from the stockers. at BC the organisers should have refused entry to the field for any modified car whether they had pre booked or not, the rules were set.
:wink:

"356boy" wrote:

There wont be huge numbers of modified cars going.
Its a stock show.
But I believe there will be more than last time. (Thanks Bug In for your help too :roll: )
If there is no provision for modified cars to attend I believe that this is what 100% of the stock attendee's would wish to happen.
There doesnt need to be provision made.
The stock visitors dont want to see modified cars here, they go to these 2 shows to see stock.
All other vehicles would park in the visitors parking areas just around the perimeter of the central town which is closed off as last time. Its only minutes walking.
I actually think the high numbers of uk modified buses are going to be slightly more of a headache for the organisers.
mrsherbie
16 years ago

STOCK HEIGHT!

"JD" wrote:

Like this...? 😃 :shock:

UserPostedImage

"mrsherbie" wrote:

UserPostedImage

I had these ( not bought, taken in as a debt) Kept them on for about a year while I spent £500! re-furbing my stock wheels myself and with new firestone crossplies.
I thought they looked pretty 😃 (even with the incorrect tyre combo and funny gaps)

I didnt go and park it in a stock line up though while they were on.

then :

UserPostedImage

😃

I personally like Fuchs,356, genuine sprints on a stock height car. Trouble is, from gen sprints, to repro sprints, to MWS BRMs. Most people dont see the differences in principle between them. Herein lies the problem.
Call it wheel snobbery if you wish!
We are going to re-fit their original stock wheels and crossplies onto the samba(even the pretty old criss-crossy trim rings! 😃 ) and Owens 50 for Lavenham ( instead of their current gen sprints and gen 356) Its easy if you stay otherwise stock and stock height to play both games :wink: 😃

Imagine those 4.5 black detailed Fuchs you have, on crossplies, stock height on your black kab JD? I might be mad but I think that would be quite cool! We might lean stock but there's no reason not to have some period fun from time to time. I think for stock to stay alive within the younger stock crowd, sometimes a little fresh appeal is a good idea.

But I am also sure many of you will be disagreeing with me with the reply that its 'stock vw wheels or nothing'. Maybe you are right and I am wrong.
mrsherbie
16 years ago
ps. Just in case you notice, NZ OZ CKD beetles didnt ever have 2 tone wheels, only solid cream or solid silver in the 60's.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
If "plan A" comes off, then I was wondering about finding a new home for my crossplys on a set of black and white painted 356C steels with hubcaps. Best of both worlds, as you say.

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
lou cypher
16 years ago
Well Sinbad my old friend these are the options as I see them. :wink:

If your going in the 356, maybe they will be allowed in? (that's up to the organisers) or you can either;
Park the 356 in my garage and come with me.
Park the 356 in my garage and I will loan you a vehicle that qualifies
Park in the Hotel car park at HO and walk to the show.(that is if you stay in HO, I have learnt from experience that this is not a good idea, as you get the dickheads with stingers driving around all night trying to look cool, but hey, when have you ever seen a piece of shit look cool?).
if you park in the hotel car park, you can still drive around the town and park outside the hall on the saturday evening. :wink:

:evil: I AM rude so

For all the modifieds and ratlook rusty beam scrappers, there is a crusher in the next town, they should all go there and make a coffee table out of their shitboxes, it will be a vast improvement. :twisted: :twisted:

Through my sunglasses a piece of rusty lowered old shit is always a piece of rusty lowered shit and has no place at HO :lol: :lol:

This is going to go on forever, I think that the only way to keep HO the way we know and love is for Rob to start a petition page for people to sign, then Christian will see, we need to stand up for our beliefs after what we all saw at BC :roll:
HO is now the premier show we need to keep it that way, as Mrs herbie said "look what happened to peppercorn" :cry:

If the shitboxes don't like it TUF :twisted:
356boy
16 years ago

I AM rude so

For all the modifieds and ratlook rusty beam scrappers, there is a crusher in the next town, they should all go there and make a coffee table out of their shitboxes, it will be a vast improvement.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ok i'll have a stock car by then :twisted:

All other vehicles would park in the visitors parking areas just around the perimeter of the central town which is closed off as last time. Its only minutes walking.

congatulations, thats what i've been asking all along. 🙂
Scotty
16 years ago

Every show nowadays, be it classic/vintage/stock or not, seems swamped with these lowered, loud, ratty buses and beetles. They want to be different from the norm but unfortunately they all end up looking the same.

"48REME" wrote:

Unlike a line up of restored black ovals? :wink:

And that rusty unfinished look for me is just an excuse for cheap restoration.

"48REME" wrote:

Yeah, that's it, spot on...... :roll:

I believe it's a fashion of the moment which simply has no place in historic displays of unmodified vehicles. There are enough venues for that sort of cars. Sorry to offend but tough!

"48REME" wrote:

You are probably right, modified cars should be in a different line up, but if the car is old enough (which is what dictates whether you are allowed or not) then surely there should be a separate line up?

I'm not trying to start an argument, please take note of the smilies.......
lou cypher
16 years ago

I'm not trying to start an argument, please take note of the smilies.......

"Scotty" wrote:

That's a good job then, cause your never gonna win. :twisted: :twisted:
356boy
16 years ago

If your going in the 356, maybe they will be allowed in? (that's up to the organisers) or you can either;
Park the 356 in my garage and come with me.
Park the 356 in my garage and I will loan you a vehicle that qualifies

just one problem there lou, i happen to know you dont have a garage :lol: :lol: