volkfan
2007-07-23T14:11:50Z
hello, dear vw enthousiats.

nice to re-discover this site dedicated to original vw's.
i put a photo of my car 1 or 2 years ago there too but missed this site for a while.

i sadly did not go to peppercorn last week-end. i was ready to go and take the ferry with my 64. but i finally couldn't.

i went there few years ago too... but not with the beetle.

just 2 questions like that...

is there anybody who would have news of the 65 pearl white beetle which was for sale (clarks's beetle or something...) with a brand new platform and "lotterman's autohaus" sticker's on the back.

is there anybody who knows the owner of the green wesphalia bay window and lives in greenwhich london if i remember well, ?
-(guess he's electrician )

i try to get in touch with again, i should find his exact name in an old volksworld magazine about a bw bus from australia.

bye for now

Nicolas. France.

May 64 , small windows beetle, sea blue, mint original condition.
Sponsor

(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
pre67vw
2007-07-23T14:17:41Z
Welcome back Nicolas 😎

Sunday at Peppercorn was pretty much rained off 😞
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
volkfan
2007-07-23T14:24:10Z
"Sunday at Peppercorn was pretty much rained off"

how do you say in english... makes me feel less regreting to not have been able to come... :lol:

i know there's the same car as mine, a sea blue 64 but with right hand drive too...
cambridge is a nice area. ok, let's coming back to vw dub...

Chris
2007-07-23T20:47:33Z
Nice car Nicolas. I had a '63 in that colour, lovely car, only sold it begause the Ex-Mrs wanted it off the drive of her house when I moved out... :cry:

But at least it gave me the chance to buy my oval.. 😃
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Andy Sparks
2007-07-23T23:24:18Z
Nice bug, welcome in.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
volkfan
2007-07-25T13:28:05Z
this is a great pleasure to find genuines original beetle's enthousiasts.

i was looking again one of my favourite book, i saw the 63 sea blue with pop windows behind, and registr number : YWM 194

maybe your ex ?

i have to say i'm not specially fond of splits and ovals, for me each model futhermore before 68 is interesting.

it could appear strange for people but i would prefer a 60's , more ready to drive and still looking old and good with a real character.

in france, when we look on the small vintage scene here, there's more ovals and splits than 60 's for example. and i think it's a shame.

And, as far as im concerned i consider an original 1302 as a very interesting car for example.
easier to find spare parts but no so common in the meetings...
1958 Harry
2007-07-26T00:01:49Z
Nice car!

I agree I personally prefer 58-67 bugs than earlier or later ones.
Multi show winning magazine featured '58 Bug - Harry
2007 2.0 New Beetle - Mijj