aero8
  • aero8
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago
Hi guys, I'm a newbie here, I've spotted a what looks like Karmann ghia tonight in Manchester, It was a hardtop and it's gorgeous, both the doors and the boot lid were black and the rest of the car was silver(I think? it was dark). And it has a 1300 badge at the back.

Could anyone here confirm to me it was indeed a Karmann Ghia?

Thanks in advance!
kin
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
16 years ago
Welcome to the forum! :)

Judging by your description, it could have been a Karmann Ghia, but then again it could have been a 1989 Vauxhall Astra. You will have to provide us with more information if you want help with identification.

Rich.

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
aero8
  • aero8
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago
LOL..it was dark and rainy, but I am pretty sure I know what Vauxhall Astra looks like :wink:

The 1300badge was typically VW, it was written diagonally. If you see what I mean...

Sorry for the duplicate posts, everytime I clicked on the submit button, it kicked me out :?
aero8
  • aero8
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago
I have just checked the gallery, pretty sure it was a Karmann I've seen.

Would there be any future VW meets in the NW area, or would any Karmann owners be kind enough to let me take a closer look at their pride & joy :oops: Love'em....
Rich Oakley
16 years ago
Here's my '61 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet. It's for sale at the moment...

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
lifeintheslowlane
16 years ago
Hey Rich, your flirtation with the Karmann Ghia was short lived :shock:

...or do you have a real Karmann Ghia lined up. :wink:
John.
Rich Oakley
16 years ago

Hey Rich, your flirtation with the Karmann Ghia was short lived :shock:

...or do you have a real Karmann Ghia lined up. :wink:

"lifeintheslowlane" wrote:

The wife tells me that I have 'too many VWs' at the moment (eight). A Lowlight is on my Most Wanted list though!