54oval
  • 54oval
  • Regular Topic Starter
16 years ago
Just spoke to Mike Pye and they are going to run a feature on my 54.This should be in the same month as show.Looks like i got a space in the show too.Happy days 😃
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Chris
16 years ago
Nice to see a stock car on display. Just don't expect to win anything with it. 😞 If it's not lowered with a narrow beam you've got no chance. :evil:

Post some pics of the car. :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
Is it Stock?

Oh! and what are you on Chris that avatar and sig line hardly mix.
Chris
16 years ago
Having problems changing my avatar at the moment. Been stuck with the same one for two months now.... :roll:

Rob, Help :cry:

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
54oval
  • 54oval
  • Regular Topic Starter
16 years ago
UserPostedImage
Hope this worked
54oval
  • 54oval
  • Regular Topic Starter
16 years ago
UserPostedImage
Think iv got this photo thing sorted
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
Saw this at Stanford Hall last year - really nice car.
six-o-one
16 years ago
Stanford Hall  14107.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Chris
16 years ago
I remember it now. Wasn't it entered into the concours aswell as being in the Historic line up ? Fender skirts give it away.

Very nice. One day mine will look that good. ( I hope :wink: )
'50 Karmann
16 years ago

One day mine will look that good. ( I hope :wink: )

"Chris" wrote:

Nah!
54oval
  • 54oval
  • Regular Topic Starter
16 years ago
my03yellowv
16 years ago
Is the car pictured above Considered Ultamaroon in color? if so I am told that is the orig color of my 55 its sweet.
54oval
  • 54oval
  • Regular Topic Starter
16 years ago
This is ultramaroon,however may not be 100% as a couple of others ive seen all seem to vary.an original paint job will have changed with age.We tried to follow the german mix but this came out more silver so we gave it a tweek .
Denz
16 years ago
A very nice car. 😎 Congrats on the feature.
16 years ago
Ultra maroon is the best oval colour by far in my opinion.

Nice car.

All paint companys versions of a the same colour varry a little,thats how you get different shades of colours, so Glasurit's ultra maroon will be slightly different from say Standox's version.

As long as you keep formula of what goes in a colour you'l have no problems getting more mixed at a later date so it matches until solvent base's go forever.

This is going to be the only problem with the uk and europe going over to water base. Paint company's are going to have to reformulate all the old colours,but they'l only do this if they feel theres enough demand for that paticular colour. These all have to be done by some guy in a paint lab not computers as they can only get about 95% near the colour.
www.trailer-queen-restos.skynetblogs.be/
For all your resto and detailing needs 07977 508907.

www.trailerqueenrestos.com
my03yellowv
16 years ago
is there someplace where you are located that sells the interior seat material in this car by the Yard? if so can someone help me out to purchase some I am too far away in the U.S Cailifornia.....
mrsherbie
16 years ago

is there someplace where you are located that sells the interior seat material in this car by the Yard? if so can someone help me out to purchase some I am too far away in the U.S Cailifornia.....

"my03yellowv" wrote:

Himmelservice do the rib and they will send you a small sample if you are going to buy a lot ( I've not ordered the rib though) :

Himmelservice 

Thats a lovely car 54oval! :D

I think a few those subtle oval metallic colours especially Diamond green and Ultramaroon must be incredibly hard to match to factory original?! But I would guess it is also rare to get a few the same colour all parked together outside of only a few big shows ie. Camberg/H.O. anyway!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann