Jules
  • Jules
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
We have a few new early parts in stock at Karmann Konnection that you guy’s should know about!
Pre ’67 forum users get 10% discount off quoted prices!

UserPostedImage

Early Muffler Fitting Kit
This is for all ‘Single Tail Pipe’ Mufflers so that means Beetles up to ’55 and Bus up to ’59 (provided they are still fitted with their original 25/30hp motors with single tail pipe mufflers) Complete with all hardware and also including the clamps which were, until now, not available! £16.45 Including Vat.

UserPostedImage

Carb rebuild kits for 25hp
We now have in stock rebuild kits for the 26 VFIS carburettor that was fitted to 25hp engines £23.50 Including Vat. (we also have 30hp kits in stock too!)

UserPostedImage

25-30hp Heat Exchanger to Body Pipe
This is the pipe that carries the Heat from the heat exchanger to the body of the car; it’s a repro and made of plastic. It measures 50mm one end and 52mm the other. £14.10 Including Vat each.

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
samghia
16 years ago
Jules

Would you have this type of cylinders

Regards Sam
53 Oval
63 Ghia
64 Deluxe
71 Fastback
95 Golf Karmann Cabrio
Jules
  • Jules
16 years ago
I have 2 bolt 17mm cylinders which should work fine!
Give me a call 01702 601155
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
I've seen those used .
The person on that occassion welded two bolt heads to the back plate in the vacant holes,once on the car no one would ever have known. :wink:
samghia
16 years ago
Looks like I'll go that way cant seem to find four bolt anywhere so far.

Jules i've already got a couple 2 bolt cylinders

Thanks for your relies

Sam
53 Oval
63 Ghia
64 Deluxe
71 Fastback
95 Golf Karmann Cabrio
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago

"Jules" wrote:

Jules, I can't find the 2 bolt cylinders on the KK website, are they listed there?

Are they NOS/German/Brazilian etc?

cheers
Andrew
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
samghia
16 years ago
2 bolt cylinder in place will this be enough to stop the awesome power of my 25 horses????? seriously is it ok to substitute the 4 bolt with theses??

UserPostedImage

Cheers Sam.

53 Oval
63 Ghia
64 Deluxe
71 Fastback
95 Golf Karmann Cabrio
Ovalbug
16 years ago

2 bolt cylinder in place will this be enough to stop the awesome power of my 25 horses????? seriously is it ok to substitute the 4 bolt with theses??

UserPostedImage

Cheers Sam.

"samghia" wrote:

I think they should be fine........when I stripped the front brakes of my '53 a few months ago discovered that one side had an original 4 bolt cylinder whilst the other side was a 2-bolt one.......
Given that my car has been off the road since 1990 it must have been an older repair and was garaged/stored due to a dropped valve, so was definitely running around with the brakes like that.

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
samghia
16 years ago
Thanks Ovalbug

Just needed a bit reassurance have stripped one side out, have actually got a couple of repair kits however original cylinders are a bit grungy,will go with the 2 bolt at present.

Cheers Sam.
53 Oval
63 Ghia
64 Deluxe
71 Fastback
95 Golf Karmann Cabrio
Jules
  • Jules
16 years ago

"tman" wrote:

Jules, I can't find the 2 bolt cylinders on the KK website, are they listed there?

Are they NOS/German/Brazilian etc?

cheers
Andrew

"Jules" wrote:

Sorry.... only rare and shiny stuff on the website, oh, and a few new products too!

The cylinders are Original 'ATE' from Germany!