mrsherbie
2008-03-31T13:37:54Z
Dont know the car personally but it certainly looks nice and a rhd 53! Not many of these around! :D
Someone buy it before the lowering boys see it!

53 RHD 

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Sponsor


(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
RoRoVw
2008-03-31T19:41:49Z
Yes, looks good. Its advertised on another classic car website for about £5500. A couple of weeks ago it was on the same site for £6995 and then was reduced to £5995. Its getting cheaper all the time!
mrsherbie
2008-03-31T21:34:11Z
Well despite a few messed about with ovals I've watched not reaching 5k recently on ebay I was pleased to see the Swedish 54 I posted up go for £5650. I hoped to see it make £6k just out of general interest as the beetle market does appear to be actually picking up a bit!
The last couple of years low beetle prices has meant people have been picking great original cars up as daily drivers, but at least when ovals are up over £5k again that will stop which is a good thing.
I would hope very much to see this 53 make at least £6k, but hopefully more, given its rarety & RHD. I only watch ebay as an indicator but there is definitely an active pick up in the beetles and a drop off in the buses.
All good! πŸ˜ƒ
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
2008-03-31T21:50:16Z
It would be interesting to know exactly how many RHD 53 ovals there are in the uk? (from 'anywhere' RHD)
I can only think of 1 or 2 myself but I am really not up on ovals at all.

:?:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Ovalbug
2008-04-02T05:04:03Z
"mrsherbie" wrote:

It would be interesting to know exactly how many RHD 53 ovals there are in the uk? (from 'anywhere' RHD)
I can only think of 1 or 2 myself but I am really not up on ovals at all.

:?:



I can think of 4 RHD '53's......... πŸ™‚
Samghia off here has a July '53, I have a Sept'53 , John Maxwell of the Historic VW Club has one (think that is a July car also?) and now this Ebay one makes it number 4.
Jeez, '53's are getting as common as muck, think might get rid of mine and get something a bit more exclusive instead.................. :lol:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
Bert53
2008-04-02T13:18:49Z
"Ovalbug" wrote:

I can think of 4 RHD '53's......... πŸ™‚
Samghia off here has a July '53, I have a Sept'53 , John Maxwell of the Historic VW Club has one (think that is a July car also?) and now this Ebay one makes it number 4.
Jeez, '53's are getting as common as muck, think might get rid of mine and get something a bit more exclusive instead.................. :lol:



....and mine makes 5, 22nd Dec 1953. Like you say, common as muck :lol:
Bert53 attached the following image(s):
GKL 7
2008-04-02T17:51:37Z
Brown is a beautiful colour to have on an oval.
Mind you, it's my favorite colour on a split aswell.
I want one !!!!
mrsherbie
2008-04-02T18:59:06Z
"'50 Karmann" wrote:


I want one !!!!



You've already got the best car, and now you want a brown one as well! I dont know..some people..tut! :lol:

Thats good then 5 at the moment! And you are all different colours so far too!
Another car I remember was the shiny black rhd 53 oval stolen from Run to the Sun over 5 years ago now, owned by Larry ( RetroCustom.com ) I wonder if it will show up some day or whether it is gone for good..

By the way, after running out of petrol in my split twice last year ( and I only took it out 3 times :lol: ) Owen bought me one of the pre55 fuel dipsticks he makes & sells, for Christmas and I must say its very good!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
GKL 7
2008-04-04T20:37:05Z
"mrsherbie" wrote:

"'50 Karmann" wrote:


I want one !!!!



You've already got the best car, and now you want a brown one as well! I dont know..some people..tut! :lol:




Yeah! One of everything Please :lol:
No really,i have a passion for Brown Splits.
Strange,i've had 6 Splits and never a Brown one.
Kev
2008-04-05T10:14:50Z
George,

I have to say medium brown is by far my favourite colour for a split. What with a split karmann, a 47 and a liking for brown splits ... :shock:

Kev

GKL 7
2008-04-05T19:18:32Z
Maybe we were seperated at birth. :lol:
(mind you that would make you a lot older, than you think you are :cry: )
RoRoVw
2008-04-06T09:23:16Z
Dave Parkin from the North East has a very nice '53 as well. I think its about September and in L35 Metallic Blue with the original 25bhp engine. First registered in Berkshire.
Chris
2008-04-06T22:27:54Z
"'50 Karmann" wrote:

Maybe we were seperated at birth. :lol:



Thinking about it you could be right. Below is a picture I took of you sitting next to 'nev' at Bad Camberg last year. The resemblance is uncanny.... :lol:

Chris attached the following image(s):

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
GKL 7
2008-04-08T19:52:48Z
We asked Chris to join us for the picture.
But he said "you handsome fellas will show me up for how ugly i really am".
He's so sensitive,Bless.

And stop wasting your time trailing the internet for pictures and get out into the garage.That car has got to be ready for next summer(H.O).
😳 NO MORE EXCUSES !!!
Richard
2008-04-17T16:41:23Z
My friend has a RHD '53, never welded, it's well sweet 😎
Chris
2008-04-17T21:11:00Z
"'50 Karmann" wrote:


And stop wasting your time trailing the internet for pictures and get out into the garage. That car has got to be ready for next summer(H.O).
😳 NO MORE EXCUSES !!!



Won't be ready for H.O. :oops: So I might have to bum a lift with someone.... UserPostedImage

However, I have been spending time in the garage and have rubbed down the seat frames and put some primer on them. UserPostedImage And also got in touch with someone about getting my engine done. And before you start… I know the priority is the bloody body… UserPostedImage

BTW, called up Sunday UserPostedImagebut you were either out or hiding behind the curtains.. UserPostedImage

Chris
UserPostedImage

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
GKL 7
2008-04-18T18:25:46Z
"Chris" wrote:


BTW, called up Sunday UserPostedImagebut you were either out or hiding behind the curtains.. UserPostedImage




DAMN!!! YOU'VE SUSSED ME.
Do you actually bother knocking on the door?It's happened before and i haven't heard you.
Come around the front if you can't be heard.Give a knock on my nice new front door :wink:
What do you mean not ready for H.O.
Your'e bloody bone idle you are,that body has got about three months work in it at most.Mind you i know the problem call up Sunday i'll lend you one of these to work on that wallet of yours :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
'50 Karmann attached the following image(s):
Whitehouse
2008-04-29T11:56:39Z
The 53 at the top of the thread is a bit of an unusual car. It would be interesting to see some more photos. This is painted Jupiter Grey but it doesn't appear to be a standard, or is it?
Does anyone know when the speedo changed? this seems to have a later one.
Go the mighty 36hp!
mrsherbie
2008-05-01T09:24:15Z
"Whitehouse" wrote:

The 53 at the top of the thread is a bit of an unusual car. It would be interesting to see some more photos. This is painted Jupiter Grey but it doesn't appear to be a standard, or is it?
Does anyone know when the speedo changed? this seems to have a later one.



Hi Philip! I dont know anything about it ( or much about ovals) but if it goes to Stanford Hall I will take more pics of πŸ˜ƒ
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Whitehouse
2008-05-03T09:54:04Z
Hey Anna, that would be great if you could do that. There is only one 53 in NZ! (that I know of). Cheers Philip
Go the mighty 36hp!