GKL 7
2008-09-20T12:39:20Z
Has the car had a rear end clip?
Some of the joints on the rear quarters and to each side of the engine bay opening do not look Karmann.
vintagevw
2008-09-29T17:20:40Z
vintagevw wrote:

Maybe this colour?
From a 1957 convertible.


Yes, Inca red!
vintagevw attached the following image(s):

Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
vintagevw
2008-09-29T17:23:54Z
The other metallic coulours are also for a vert:
L232 Iris Blue
L316 Mandel green
L329 Shetland grey
L374 Sepia silver

Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
THEBOFFIN
2008-11-23T11:32:50Z
Originally Posted by: ' 

Has the car had a rear end clip?
Some of the joints on the rear quarters and to each side of the engine bay opening do not look Karmann.



yep only had one side partially repaired/clip!...bid of a mess..lost a lot of it's original lead loading!
THEBOFFIN
2008-11-23T11:34:39Z
vintagevw wrote:

The other metallic coulours are also for a vert:
L232 Iris Blue
L316 Mandel green
L329 Shetland grey
L374 Sepia silver



Thanks Pascal

getting it mixed here is a real problem, they all tell me it can't be mixed and more because they all use water based paints now?!
vintagevw
2008-12-09T08:19:19Z
If you need roofrubbers.....
http://www.thesamba.com/...eds/detail.php?id=706468 
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
THEBOFFIN
2009-03-24T23:04:43Z
vintagevw wrote:

If you need roofrubbers.....
http://www.thesamba.com/...eds/detail.php?id=706468 




Thanks Pascal
will take a look

due to redundancy end of last year i have not done any work on the car, but back in work now so pushing on with the car for next summer now, keep eatching this page for future updates!


vintagevw
2009-03-28T19:50:03Z
THEBOFFIN wrote:



Thanks Pascal

getting it mixed here is a real problem, they all tell me it can't be mixed and more because they all use water based paints now?!


We also use water based paint now but the colour would be very very close if you hva a sample of it....
But it needs to be a sample who didn't see much sun...
Otherwise you will have a discoloured colour :wink:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
THEBOFFIN
2009-04-07T20:13:44Z
vintagevw wrote:


We also use water based paint now but the colour would be very very close if you hva a sample of it....
But it needs to be a sample who didn't see much sun...
Otherwise you will have a discoloured colour :wink:



hi pascal

i have the original dash strut /brace that has perfect original paint..could you match that?

heres a pic,
UserPostedImage

cheers
adam
THEBOFFIN
2010-03-17T18:50:01Z
Hey Pascal

any luck on getting my Inca Red mixed over there from my original colour strut brace?

thanks
adam
GKL 7
2010-03-17T19:29:06Z
Inca Red rocks.:wink:
THEBOFFIN
2010-04-13T11:55:53Z
Hi all

come to a bit of a crossroads with my vert due to a lack of time,funds and that my enthusiasm seems to have disapeared, I'm unsure wether to complete or sell my car!, i pulled it out of the garage last week and loose fitted all the panels to see wether that would renew my entusiasm... see pics below...Still undecided .... Off on holiday for a week so will have a think and make a decision when I come back .. Any idea what it's worth ?... I've got 90% of parts with it... Sitting on restored pre suffix 1962 pan with current v5
cheers
Adam
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
2010-04-13T15:32:47Z
I'll give you a couple of grand for it...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  •  JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
2010-04-13T16:49:29Z
pre67vw wrote:

I'll give you a couple of grand for it...



Don´t give up your dream of finding a 412 Rob!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
2010-04-13T17:07:53Z
JD wrote:



Don´t give up your dream of finding a 412 Rob!



An oval cab would do until a nice 412 comes up though :lol:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
THEBOFFIN
2010-07-12T13:08:42Z
Hi
After a lot of thinking this weekend and the fact that i'd miss the old girl and kick myself for not finishing the restoration, not to mention the many years and money I've spent obtaining the rare parts, i've decided to cancel the eBay auction and keep her.

keep watching, fired up to finish her now!
55Kab
2010-07-12T16:48:06Z
At last...get to it :!:

lee ivatt
2010-07-15T07:22:13Z
THEBOFFIN wrote:

Hi
After a lot of thinking this weekend and the fact that i'd miss the old girl and kick myself for not finishing the restoration, not to mention the many years and money I've spent obtaining the rare parts, i've decided to cancel the eBay auction and keep her.

keep watching, fired up to finish her now!



I cant blame you mate, will be a lovley car when done.

Thanks for your time when we spoke last week, you sold the car very well.lol. Id even begun searching for spares.

Will be keeping a close eye on this one.8)
Past Restorations

1954 International Tractor-----1971 1200 Orange Beetle-----1985 Mk3 Escort S1 RS TURBO
1972 1600 VW Camper-----1969 MK1 Escort Mexico RS-----1949 Standard Beetle (incompleted)
1993 Escort Cosworth 4x4 350bhp---1970 1300 Orange Beetle---1971 Aston Martin DBS Vantage
1992 Mk Golf GTI 16v (2.8 VR6 conversion-----1982 MK3 Escort RS 1600i (restored twice!!)
1987 Sierra 3dr Cosworth to concourse--1968 1300 Red Beetle--1967 1500 Lotus White Beetle
1972 1200, Orange beetle (yes I like orange!)

Currently restoring

1958 old english white golge rag top--- 1992 mk3 Golf VR6
THEBOFFIN
2010-07-20T10:50:21Z
Cheers Lee
No problem....getting the shell shotblasted and primed the first/second week of august, after which i'll start cutting back and repairing the shell as necessary.
I also sold my VR6 to keep me focused on the oval...no watercooled distractions!

watch this space!
Standard split
2010-07-21T20:28:59Z
pre67vw wrote:

An oval cab would do until a nice 412 comes up though :lol:


Whatever happened to the dream Heb, its a challenge – you've given up too easily:roll:

A 412:?:

Wassat, can't be a 'vintage' car :?:

One passes my house every 10 mins, goes to Tottenham:?

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
The great Rattletrap debate: http://forums.pre67vw.co...aspx?g=posts&t=16378