• Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
hi all,

my first post....have been viewing this great site on and off for a couple of years...kept meaning to join

please see attached pic of my 53 does anyone know what colour blue and its paint code?

looking to get it back on the road soon?

cheers

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
:oops: sorry for the double post and no pic attached...is there a maximum file size for the picture?
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
pic attached this time???  15972.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
beetlekey
15 years ago
Hi,
maybe azurblau LKL36 10 / 52 - 2 / 53 the other ones are to dark.
Marcus
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
Thanks for reply, attached pic of dash area i think its slightly darker than the exterior, the outside has been repainted not sure about the dash?

I always thought it looked like dove blue? appears similar to comericial splits vans?

sure i have seen another 53 beetle in the same or similar colour at stanford hall a few years ago?

cheers

damian
2splits
15 years ago
That looks too light to be Azure blue, looks like Dove blue to me.
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
try agian.....  16008.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
15 years ago
mrsherbie
15 years ago
All I know is that the car looks super!
Hessisch Oldendorf '09? 😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
  • Guest Topic Starter
15 years ago
Thanks for the reply 09 sounds like a plan....

after reading some of the older posts i see you might rember my car as i bought it from Owen.

..drove it to work - about a mile each way in dry weather for about 6 months, its been in the garge since 2000.....

used to start it fairly regular...needs brake work and fuel issues etc to get it back on the road now....
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Hello,
No I was still living in NZ in 2000! I bought a split from him in 2002, but then we only got together late 2005 after I had bought lots of parts for it. I suppose there are probably not too many crazy women hunting for 50 standard parts :lol:

He will remember the car though I'm sure. If you look in the 'old beetle pics' in the gallery on our website maybe it is there? I have much larger scans of the old photos if it is.

You will need to book Hessisch Oldendorf 09 registration asap though, it seems to be getting more 'over-full' by the minute!
:d

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann