pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
15 years ago
I mentioned a while ago that my next project would need a roll-cage, you can read all about it Here  :d
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
15 years ago
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
15 years ago
Thanks! :d

Theres a couple of odd things about the car that I've never seen before, the car was originally delivered to North Sweden I believe - so maybe they were cold weather extras?

First is there's a big pipe that comes from the framehead into the footwell with a grill inside...  IMG_5846.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_5848.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
15 years ago
The second is an extra pipe thing on each side under the back seat - was there some kind of double heat exchanger? Neither items look like they're home made. Anybody got any ideas?  IMG_5849.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Nice projet Rob.

I haven't seen either of those mods before on Swedish cars. I did, however once have a '53 Oval from Nothern Sweden with double heater channels. These were accessory channels that bolted to the top of the original ones, but still ducted the hot air from the same pipe (under the rear seat).

Maybe Owen will have seen some of these mods before?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
15 years ago

Maybe Owen will have seen some of these mods before?

Rich Oakley wrote:

The car came from him, but he couldn't say for certain what they're for.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Funny enough, I have spent the last few days cleaning and polishing the beige 65 and it also has some big extra vent holes and ducting under the front also but thats because it still has an eberspacher fitted. Do you think the oval has had one at some time?
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
15 years ago

Funny enough, I have spent the last few days cleaning and polishing the beige 65 and it also has some big extra vent holes and ducting under the front also but thats because it still has an eberspacher fitted. Do you think the oval has had one at some time?

mrsherbie wrote:

Owen thought not, because there was no holes for the exhaust or something.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW