vintagevw
15 years ago
Last sunday I saw my old frien Jean-Marie back with his stunning unrestored original paint 1948 Beetle.
The car is an original Belgian car.
He owned it for more than 10 years but almost never come to shows exept last sunday.
Can it be more original?  Afbeelding 138.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 139.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 140.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Afbeelding 141.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
15 years ago
Fantastic!!

Needs a repaint though :twisted: :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Can it be more original?

vintagevw wrote:

Yes. The bonnet, one front quarter and front wing have been replaced.

PS: I've always loved this car and haven't seen it for many years.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
six-o-one
15 years ago
Wow, what a lovely car!
I saw Guido's pictures too on his thread about the show.

M 😎
Standard split
15 years ago
Fantastic car:!:

Is it an early '48 with the 3-ribbed rear-window panel:?:

This car speaks volumes, all lost in shiny restored cars.

Perfect car to own – spend a load of money on a re-trim and paint job and ruin it, or spend nothing and have an appreciating asset which will always be the star of the show :wink: .
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
GKL 7
15 years ago

Yes. The bonnet, one front quarter and front wing have been replaced.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Stop showing off Rich.
We already know there is not a forties beetle on the planet you don't know all about.:wink:
Now PM me the details of the'48 in B'ham.Locked away in someone's garage for years.

BTW Pascal the Belgian '48 is fantastic.
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Stop showing off Rich.
We already know there is not a forties beetle on the planet you don't know all about.:wink:
Now PM me the details of the'48 in B'ham.Locked away in someone's garage for years.

BTW Pascal the Belgian '48 is fantastic.

I realy like J.M's 48 !:wink:
I'm not sure if Rich know them all, but I know a few Belgian forties cars in original condition never bin to a show ! The owner bought them and put them in his storage , he's doing nothing with those cars:roll: :roll: , I think his oldest beetle is a 47, there is a 48 aswel in that barn and a few splits from the 50 ties ! That person was also in Lier, and was turning arround the green 51 ( 17800 km car) that was for sale there (25500 euro) ! nice car but J.M.'s car was the best !

Guido

PS sorry for the pictures but I realy like those bumper brackets and a 60 years old interior still in perfect original condition !
Her you can find more pictures from the J.M's 48
Lier 2008   IMG_4465kl.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_4455kl.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Thanks for the pictures Guido. This has always been one of my favourite VWs, I just wish I'd found it in the scrapyard before Jean-Marie got there 🙂
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrsherbie
15 years ago
I LOVE IT!! :d I am very jealous. Original paint 40's cars, I dont think it gets much better?!! ( Unless I get one of the Tuscher's one day )

And I am glad there are still people who have cars safely tucked away defying time. Good for them and us too :d

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Have just had a look through the photos of this superb 48! I have not seen this before. Does anyone know what this is and am I just being really thick!:wink:

It is the piece f metal going through the fan housing/

Cheers!:d

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
William
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
My guess is it's a Summer/Winter control that alters the cooling in some way. The writing on the fan housing and the arrow "Summ" possibly refer to "Summer" ("Sommer" in German).
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
mmm lovely patina...
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Anyone know what happened to a Beetle I saw at the SuperVW nationals in France, years ago? It was a wartime car (with beer barrel fuel tank) that was supposedly stolen from Goerings HQ by some enterprising Frenchman and hidden for years.

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Anyone know what happened to a Beetle I saw at the SuperVW nationals in France, years ago? It was a wartime car (with beer barrel fuel tank) that was supposedly stolen from Goerings HQ by some enterprising Frenchman and hidden for years.

JD wrote:

That was one of Jacky Morel's KdFs. I think maybe Mack Jones owns it now (or owned it).
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Oh, one of Jackys Kdfs! haha! Did it get restored do you know? Any pics?
UserPostedImage
vintagevw
15 years ago

JD wrote:

I saw it too at the Super VW National in Jablines near Paris in 1992 I guess.
I think I have somewhere a picture of it.
It was for sale that moment.
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

I saw it too at the Super VW National in Jablines near Paris in 1992 I guess.
I think I have somewhere a picture of it.
It was for sale that moment.

vintagevw wrote:

Was it the blue/white one or a darker colour one?
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Was it the blue/white one or a darker colour one?

Rich Oakley wrote:

I remember it as pale green and white, but it could have been pale blue. Not dark coloured at any rate.
UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

I remember it as pale green and white, but it could have been pale blue. Not dark coloured at any rate.

JD wrote:

Sorry, it was pale green and white Typ51, not pale blue (getting old- bad memory). That was originally delivered to the offices of that nice chap Hermann Goering in early 1944. It's now in the US and is owned by Sandra Bullocks' husband and has the body number 929. I think it now looks like this...
UserPostedImage
vintagevw
15 years ago
It was a bleu one from 1944.
I took the picture in Jablines in 1992, oh my god I looked so virgin that time! :lol: :lol: :lol:  Afbeelding 1401.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.