Chris Meintjes
15 years ago
Hi Gents

Chris in South Afica here again.
Whilst i got such excellent advice on the window aliminuim rubber trim, can anyone inform where can i get a munual/book to restore the folding roof "hood?" for a '57 Cabrio, used boom in order. I have seen some advertised (Chucks in US amongst names i have heard about)but know very little on this topic, and are very afraid that i might destoy the very expensive canvas, trim etc i imported for the hood from the US.
Any good book, used in order, will buy no problem
tx
Chris

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
15 years ago
I'd recommend getting an official workshop manual, thats what I used for mine (although mine's a '65) it had photos, measurements etc.  71TQ5S8A7ML__SL500_AA240_.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
heb623
15 years ago
When my memory is still ok I remind myself that a cabriolet roof of a 1965 cabrio is a little bit different:shock:
than cabriolet roof of a beetle till 1965!:?
Correct me if I am wrong!!
And yes I would like to see the roof of Robs 65 too!:lol:

:twisted: ET (the mean one):lol:
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
pre67vw
15 years ago

When my memory is still ok I remind myself that a cabriolet roof of a 1965 cabrio is a little bit different:shock:
than cabriolet roof of a beetle till 1965!:?
Correct me if I am wrong!!
And yes I would like to see the roof of Robs 65 too!:lol:

:twisted: ET (the mean one):lol:

heb623 wrote:

yes there are slight differences, the window is bigger etc. but the manual I had did cover earlier cars and the process is very similar.  16016.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
heb623
15 years ago
Very nice job Rob!:wink:

BTW is that a for sale tag on the windscreen so you have money to buy that nice Hebmuller project?:shock:

:twisted: ET (guess which one!)
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
pre67vw
15 years ago

Very nice job Rob!:wink:

BTW is that a for sale tag on the windscreen so you have money to buy that nice Hebmuller project?:shock:

:twisted: ET (guess which one!)

heb623 wrote:

:lol: Thanks! No it's not a for sale sign - it's a list of things left to do on the car (which is still the same now I think).
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
55Kab
15 years ago
out of interest, is that an OG RHD UK car Rob?
pre67vw
15 years ago

out of interest, is that an OG RHD UK car Rob?

55Kab wrote:

Nope, converted :cry:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
55Kab
15 years ago
Still, she looks very, very nice!:wink: Love black convertible's on whitewalls.

Now here's a question, any idea how many 53-57 OG UK RHD Cabrio's exist? My counting gets just 6:shock: and 2 of those are in the US...!!!