Graphite58
15 years ago
I need to have some paint made up in L36 Azure Blue. Does anybody have some spare paint in that code or a small item painted in that code I could have the colour matched. Many thanks.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Graphite58
15 years ago
I have found a number of places that can mix L36 Azure Blue. The problem I have now, is that it looks darker than I expected. I am trying to match these two cars. One is a UK car the first photo taken some years ago at Stamford Hall.

UserPostedImage

The second is Eric Mayer's Rometsch Beeskow

UserPostedImage

Both cars are Azure Blue but look totally different than the paint I have had mixed by two companies. Today I purchased some paint from Glasurit and it looks very dark.

Has anybody got any good photos or and small parts I could colour match from?
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
I've had a go (I'm no Photoshop expert) at correcting the levels in the Beetle picture using "safe bet" white, black and grey objects in the original photo (attached):

The Romestech photo is too under-exposed and over saturated for the limited time I have to fiddle around with it this evening. In other words, the image is too dark and the colours are too rich - personally I'd disregard that photo. :(

Edit: Pic of the Beetle to follow  5562copyweb.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
six-o-one
15 years ago
Is that the same colour as Barclays car?

I guess he might be able to help?

SmBarney.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.