zelensis61
15 years ago
Hey guido, take a look at the zelensis...
The back part could be similar...
I also reworked the doors on my car as I liked it more.
The back scoop was turned once by the previous owner and made higher, I reversed it again end made it like it supposed to be
The doors were like square on 4 corners, I cut the lower corner at the back of the door, glued the cutted part in the dooropening and reworked the sill.

I think it looks a lot better then before.
https://users.skynet.be/zelensis/zelensis/fotospeter.htm 
you can see the difference.

Greets.  uglly back.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  nice car 1965.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Etzhold1
15 years ago
nope no problem !That can be fixed !
Do not forget I have a very good body worker here !
and a few donor cars :lol:  IMG_4485kl.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Hey Peter,

Thanks for the pictures, my answer above was mentioned for Jeroen !
OPA and Armin will check the car soon, and They will know what to do,
to let it look more in proportion, IMO the only problem are the doors
The rear end is no problem , could be fixed easy , like yours with a scoop !
But Opa has always great solutions , so I'll let him do what he thinks its the best !
Now I'm gone put Photo shop again on my PC, Then I can show what I mean by larger doors !

CU,

Guido

ovals4ever
15 years ago
Another option... Just use the '48 floor pan in combination with the grey Split and convert it into a 1948 Split... 😎
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

But there are more coach builded cars I don't like, DREWS:roll:

Guido:wink:

Etzhold1 wrote:

I haven't seen the Drews at Hessisch or Camberg for the last few shows, anyone know if it still comes out for German events ?

Cheers
Kev

reminou75
15 years ago
Looks a little bit like this one, seen at HO 2005 : same car as the one above, but the side view shows the same proportions: flat car, straight windscreen, even if this one is more designed, very low driving position, and a body which looks very looong, with very looong doors. But the face, doors and tail are completely different.

UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Those headlights and the "world" badge on the front are from an Oldsmobile, circa 1950.
Very distinctive - can´t really mistake them for anything else.

UserPostedImage
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Yes JD,

Thats correct , they were using the front fenders and headlight from that model oldsmobile ! Even the front hood came from that car and was fitted to the car after a serious rebuilding !
I would like to see the rear fenders from that oldsmobile, they could be used also on this car !Any idee what kind of front bumper that is ??
The complete car is dismanteled now ! The body is still here, the floorpan somewhere in A German museum :shock: :shock: :lol:
They needed it for special project ! :shock:
I have several other split floorpans if I ever would like to get it on the road again !

Guido
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Side view of the car, it has potential.

UserPostedImage

zelensis wrote:

It has tons of potential!!

Photoshop restyle. Cut the front away and raise it about 4-5", to get some depth into the body. That way it will look like you are sitting in the car, rather than on it. Cut away the centre section with those funny looking doors and discard it. Use the doors, and door shuts from an - maybe - an MG Midget and raise the rear deck, behind the cockpit a couple of inches too, to get some flow going in the design. Rake the screen back. Add some slightly deeper side sills. Slam on earlies. Roll it. (Ok, the last bit is optional.) :wink:

Could look pretty damn good. Give your body guy something to do Etzhold!!
You know you want to.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
vintagevw
15 years ago
I like the blue one!:beer:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Dereck-J
15 years ago
JD, I like your vision
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Could be a really nice car. I wonder why Etzhold hasn´t answered. Probably busy with the tin snips already.:d
UserPostedImage
Etzhold1
15 years ago

Could be a really nice car. I wonder why Etzhold hasn´t answered. Probably busy with the tin snips already.:d

JD wrote:

:lol: :lol:
You photoshopped it in a great car, and it looks realy great that way !
I'm to busy now with other things, But maybe in the future we will start to transform the car, if it is not sold in the mean time ! The first person who offers me some nice money for that body, can take it with him, because I have a lot other cars and trailers to finish. I can't keep everything !

heb623
15 years ago

I have a lot other cars and trailers to finish!

Etzhold1 wrote:

For instance the restore job of my Hebmuller and single wheel trailer I may hope!:shock:
When you go to "Erker" in Germany this weekend don't forget to take pics of the work done till now!:roll:
I am very curious what happend to the Heb!
Also don't forget to bring the "single wheel" trailer, ok?:p

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
zelensis61
14 years ago

It has tons of potential!!

Photoshop restyle. Cut the front away and raise it about 4-5", to get some depth into the body. That way it will look like you are sitting in the car, rather than on it. Cut away the centre section with those funny looking doors and discard it. Use the doors, and door shuts from an - maybe - an MG Midget and raise the rear deck, behind the cockpit a couple of inches too, to get some flow going in the design. Rake the screen back. Add some slightly deeper side sills. Slam on earlies. Roll it. (Ok, the last bit is optional.) :wink:

Could look pretty damn good. Give your body guy something to do Etzhold!!
You know you want to.

UserPostedImage

JD wrote:

Today, I went on a mission.:shock: ... The remains are safe now....waiting on a good day to start on it, First alot of thinking.:?: and :beer:  mission.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Wow! Hey good for you Mr Zelensis!! Glad someone will save this thing.
Lucky that car is such a mess already, you don´t have to feel bad about changing it around.
If you want any help photoshopping ideas then let me know. I´ll help you out.
UserPostedImage
zelensis61
14 years ago
Thanks JD.
For the moment it will go in storage. I am thrilled with the blue study you made.
Maybe one day it will be executed. For now, it is just saved from the elements.

If you want to make another try, you may do it. The blue one seems to remind me to Beutlers...or is it just me?
Anyway, Maybe it will pop up at a meeting in the future. The main goal is now, put it back on a floorpan to shift it around the barn.
Maybe a trial trip here on local road to see how it perform. Who knows....
If there are viewers that have other idea's , let me know.

Best regards, Peter.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
If you want to, try and put the car together enough that you can get a really clear side on photo, taken from a way back. As exactly from the side as you can get it and as clear as possible. Maybe from the front and rear three quarter views too. Then I can start to play around with some ideas.
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Had another play with this photoshop image and fitted an MG Midget centre "tub", more or less to scale. It may not be the right width exactly, but you get proper doors with wind up windows, seals, quarter windows and a decent working convertible roof and windscreen frame. Seems to fit the style of the car pretty well too.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Standard split
13 years ago

I recently found this car !
The VW floorpan, engine, gearbox and front axle are matching # made in 1948 !:shock:
Floor pan was delivered in Belgium( Dieteren ):shock: Who the F...k made this car !
Any help would appreciated , or just tell me what you think about this one ??
Nice , Ugly stupid ?????? let me know your opinion on this one !

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

A waste of a 1948 VW floorpan and running gear I'd say :?

These slab-sided post war designs are awful 😶

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378