Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Yeah looks really nice!

Someone may be able to answer this, are those door cards original as they are not the same as the equivalent year Wolfsburg ones! Just wondering if they are special CKD ones from SA?

William
mrsherbie
15 years ago
I am completely guessing but it all looks like a modern repro kit. That interior ruins the car completely for me, but I expect some one else will no doubt like it just because it looks new but there was never 2 tone 'that style' in any beetle. Car itself looks nice in the pics though, swap the interior and bumpers and its easily fixed :d
No idea who the seller is, I am not aware of any company who has been importing from SA since 1999.
Personally I am VERY wary of 'shiny freshly restored cars' coming in from SA and places like SAmerica & Thailand.
Some of the Thai buses that have been imported here are so bad its funny!
(was probably better posted in the 58-67 forum :wink: )

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Yeah I can see what you mean about shiny new imports!

All that chrome looks a bit to shiny and little tell tale signs like the ultra clean headliner make me think that in that restoration, anything that wasn't shiny was binned! Still a lovely looking car though and at the end of the day, it may have had all those bits replaces donkeys years ago so no great shame!

(BTW Anna the guy selling that 59 Garnet Red bug was pleased to see the before pictures, apparently he had never seen the car like it was, only in its primered state!)
William