mrsherbie
15 years ago
I have been wondering this week if any of us know the black 55 sunroof car that got written off that has now been broken up for parts?
Black 3 fold sunroof 55's are not exactly common!?! It is LHD and has cloth interior panels so could have been imported wrecked, but seems unlikely as that is not cost effective and the severe body damage I have seen is recent not old and rusty.
Usually someone knows of a car like this being written off? I just wondered if it was a stock car that we might know? (although I am completely guessing unlikely as stock cars dont get driven enough to get written off :oops: :lol: )
Sad really but it definitely was too destroyed to be saved. Would have been quite a bad accident I think?

Its this one:

https://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZn2age 
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Is this correct for a 55, we bought one from Pete at early air but I think its a later one!

UserPostedImage

Im interested in that ragtop clip for my 63, well isnt that what you do when you cant afford an oval? :wink:
William
Chris
15 years ago
I contacted the seller asking if he hsd the rear cross member section. Thinking of buying the whole unit and grafting it in rather than patching mine. Gave me his mobile number. I haven't got round to ringing him yet :roll: But I know he's in Essex, which is putting me off enquiring about it. :oops:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
mrsherbie
15 years ago
But you know that early ragtop is correct for your 54, but not 63 dont you Gertie?! Hence its higher price. Worth £1k on a good day ( might struggle for that in a recession 2 weeks before xmas though!) That light looks like the one in my oval clicks 3 position, but you are just missing the cream knob. Came in sometime 54 I think, so probably right for your car? But I am not sure what a later oval one looks like but Chris will! (Thats the sort of pervy year spec info I have to ask Owen as his oval knowledge far exceeds mine!)

Shame on you Chris! Thats like saying all Welshies are tight! :lol:
The car looked quite solid, you should ring them! I dont know who they are.
GKL 7
15 years ago

But I know he's in Essex, which is putting me off enquiring about it. :oops:

Chris wrote:

End of the earth isn't it.
So you'll drive to Bad Camberg but not Essex.
I drove to Essex and back three times just to get my seats done.
Hearts not really in this, is it:lol:

BTW All Welshies are tight.
mrsherbie
15 years ago

BTW All Welshies are tight.

'50 Karmann wrote:

:lol:

I know I think my xmas present will be coming from the tip as usual, not that I mind though, I love the surprise of gifts from the tip! :lol:

Chris
15 years ago

BTW All Welshies are tight

'50 Karmann wrote:

Don't make me laugh UserPostedImage

I know I think my xmas present will be coming from his lips as usual, not that I mind though, I love the surprise of gifts from the lips!

mrsherbie wrote:

UserPostedImage
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Chris
15 years ago

End of the earth isn't it.
So you'll drive to Bad Camberg but not Essex.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Place is full of.....UserPostedImage

54 Gertie
15 years ago

But you know that early ragtop is correct for your 54, but not 63 dont you Gertie?!

mrsherbie wrote:

I was only joking Anna, I wouldnt never be able to make the first cut!
William
GKL 7
15 years ago

Place is full of.....UserPostedImage

Chris wrote:

Thought Kylie was from Oz.
But maybe she's an Essex girl,she wears White Stiletoes.  B00005OB0A_02_LZZZZZZZ.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
55Kab
15 years ago

Thought Kylie was from Oz.
But maybe she's an Essex girl,she wears White Stiletoes.

'50 Karmann wrote:

:lol: :lol: I don't care if she wears white stiletoes or not, or even if she's from Oz or Essex, if you're reading Kyles, I'll still have ya!!!:wink: :lol:
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Parents just bought the gearbox out of this car for our 55! :d

Its under a month off her build date (mid january box and the car is early February!)
William
54 Gertie
15 years ago

But I know he's in Essex, which is putting me off enquiring about it. :oops:

Chris wrote:

Suprisngly, it was a lovely place! 😮
William
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
does anyone have pics of the car in question? i probably know it, there arent many i dont
mrsherbie
15 years ago
So, I was skimming through Volksworld in WHSmiths today :lol: and a guy has written in about finding the whereabouts of a car that sounds like it is this very car, and he did indeed have a bad accident in it! 😞 It was broken & sold on by a scrapyard.

His name is Chris Fearn and the plate was WFF 814.

I am assuming it is the same car? due to the rarity of 55 sunroofs!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

55Kab
15 years ago
Found this photo on Vzi. I assume it's the same car either just after the accident or on it's way to the breakers.

Reminds me of Rattletrap!

UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Right..

We bought the gearbox from this car from a guy in Essex! He bought the car blind with only some photos (or maybe not even that!) with the intention of restoring it. He then found that the chassis spine was bent so broke it for parts!

It had OG gearbox, engine, interior etc!:( :roll:

I have written to VWorld, twice, as they said to do and they never contacted me back! :roll: :evil:

But on the plus side, I am now n some bloody mailing list!:wink: :roll:
William
55Kab
15 years ago
So did you see the car Will? Is it a pre or post Aug-55 car?
54 Gertie
15 years ago

So did you see the car Will? Is it a pre or post Aug-55 car?

55Kab wrote:

No we didnt see the car, it was really only a fleeting visit to the back of his van to get the box!
William
54 Gertie
15 years ago
But im guessing pre aug 55 because of the ribbed doors! I think they are anyway!:lol:
William