r68bug
15 years ago
I have a 68 beetle convertable. The backup lights want to stay on all the time. I believe it may be the backup light switch. Can anyone tell me were the switch is located on the trasmision? And is it accessable? Thank You and Happy Holidays!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Hello and welcome! :d

The arrow on this image shows roughly where the stop light switch is located on the nose cone of your bug. Although this actual gearbox has not got one the arrow shows where it would be! :?

I would guess that it would be the stop light switch as I can see how this could get stuck in it it was worn! I do feel however that you will need to pull the gearbox out of the car to change or free it up! I dont think that you would be able to change it on the car (feel free to prove me wrong as im used to less refined bugs! :?: )

Merry Christmas!

UserPostedImage
William
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
I thought you weren't showing any more pictures of your '63 until you finished narrowing/lowering it?! :lol:
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
54 Gertie
15 years ago

I thought you weren't showing any more pictures of your '63 until you finished narrowing/lowering it?! :lol:

tman wrote:

:lol:

ps does anyone know a good place to mount a compressor for my air ride system?:roll:

William
r68bug
15 years ago

Hello and welcome! :d

The arrow on this image shows roughly where the stop light switch is located on the nose cone of your bug. Although this actual gearbox has not got one the arrow shows where it would be! :?

I would guess that it would be the stop light switch as I can see how this could get stuck in it it was worn! I do feel however that you will need to pull the gearbox out of the car to change or free it up! I dont think that you would be able to change it on the car (feel free to prove me wrong as im used to less refined bugs! :?: )

Merry Christmas!

UserPostedImage

54 Gertie wrote:

Thanks for your help! The picture was real helpful...I will let you know what I come up with! Merry Christmas!