stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

no all i have is a 1952 & a 1959 mate
that green zwitter is a 53 still for sale its sat up not far from ely near cambridge
is missing a few parts but its solid wont need welding can find more out, its a mate of a mates if you understand
but there is another chestnut brown zwitter for sale as well
still nothing back from DVLA 😶

dry&heavy wrote:

hi, could you get a phone number for the green zwitter? im quite interested, do you have any pics of it?, also a number for the brown one, many thanks!
dry&heavy
15 years ago

number for the brown one, many thanks!

stu wrote:

get in touch with owen for the other brown one
the green one i will ask for some pics for you
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

get in touch with owen for the other brown one, here's a pic of it, a very nice car
mines just like it but abit more ratty:p

dry&heavy wrote:

ok thanks, do you have a number for the green one?
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

get in touch with owen for the other brown one, here's a pic of it, a very nice car
mines just like it but abit more ratty:p

dry&heavy wrote:

did you get yours from dave @ the split van centre?
dry&heavy
15 years ago
ah i saw that one he had for sale on his website too
mrsherbie
15 years ago
I think Owens friend changed his mind about selling his, so its not for sale now anyway :d ^
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
dubrockers
15 years ago
that car looks so nice i would buy that:x
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
im really interested in the green one, can someone locate a number & ill call them 2moz
dry&heavy
15 years ago
stu sent you number to call
just spoke to him
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

stu sent you number to call
just spoke to him

dry&heavy wrote:

hi, just rang him, but his phones going straight to an answer machine, do you have a landline number for him? ta
kafertoys
15 years ago
I sould move this to the restoration thread but right now I'm looking for pictures of the bottom underside of the rear apron

Also a stock dash I'm sure there is a few to many holes in this one.

Thanks

stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
well ive now rang the guy with the green zwitter a dozen times & all i get is an answer machine on his mobile, does anyone know who this guy is??, im starting to think this is a windup
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
is dry & heavy still using this site??
dry&heavy
14 years ago
the car has uk plates and have sorted out most of my problems and is looking less rusty now
the 59 has gone in for the spray back to coral red so im using this daily, as it goes it's a nice drive, went over to karmann konnection today for some parts 60mph all the way :d
just a quick question i have some wheels now that im gonna have powder coated but before i do what is the wheel colour combition for a chestnut brown any help
thank you  IMG00298.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Glad to hear to sprints are going! 😎

Got any new, nice photos of the car?
William
GKL 7
14 years ago
Chesnut Brown Zwitter.....way8)
dubrockers
14 years ago
hello strange question dry&heavy, but were you driving up the M3 then onto the M25 today, as i was following a car just like yours all the way
if it was you just have to say one hell of a nice car
dry&heavy
14 years ago
well i have made my mind up the 52 rust bucket will be havin a respray in october thats been booked now
but im still in shock about the 59 no welding ever and still none, it has been stripped back to nothing and a new coat of coral red makes such a difference, had to go with a tmi headliner 😞 as i couldnt find an australian one anywhere as they are so differnent to euro ones
was hoping to have back this weekend but not going to rush this along
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

the car has uk plates and have sorted out most of my problems and is looking less rusty now
the 59 has gone in for the spray back to coral red so im using this daily, as it goes it's a nice drive, went over to karmann konnection today for some parts 60mph all the way :d
just a quick question i have some wheels now that im gonna have powder coated but before i do what is the wheel colour combition for a chestnut brown any help
thank you

dry&heavy wrote:

i drove past your car earlier, you live in beacon rd in chatham, i used to live about 500 yards from you a few years back, you used to have a blue 70s bug with earlier panels, are you interested in selling the zwitter, i never did manage to get hold of the bloke selling the green zwitter.
dry&heavy
14 years ago
wow that must of been sometime ago big brother not watching its pre67 scary
so you never saw the red, green or yellow bugs? that blue thing went ages ago yeh a mate had a crash in his 62 so i robbed all the wings etc.. there was an old grey bug sat outside for ages after that
well the rust bucket sort of made mind up, mite keep for a while to much of a funny history with this was an ex rally/race car this one did have 43 on bonnet which you can still see on a good sunny day
can i ask how much you wanna spend on a car as i know a few for sale around country at the mo some need a hell alot of work others just need an mot