mrmagyar
15 years ago
Hi,
I recently wrote to Essex County Council archives department for information on my '55 RHD Deluxe 394 CTW and they found the following: The first owner was a Mr. Sidney Weatherson and he purchased the car new from 'Upminster Garages (Harringtons)' on 24th April 1955. Does anybody have any information about this dealership? I can't find anything on the 'net and a friend who has a list of VW dealers in 1961 says the dealer isn't mentioned there.
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Never thought to contact them! Our 55 came from Essex so it may be worth trying!:wink:

Cheers!
William
mrmagyar
15 years ago
Hi,
I just sent them an e-mail with my enquiry and they replied via e-mail within a couple of days with a form to print off. I filled it in with the info I required, included a cheque for £10.50, sent it to their archive department and a week later the details dropped through my letterbox. I was very impressed by their efficiency. Not bad for a Council! :d
1949 Belgian Standard
1955 UK RHD De Luxe
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Hi,
I just sent them an e-mail with my enquiry and they replied via e-mail within a couple of days with a form to print off. I filled it in with the info I required, included a cheque for £10.50, sent it to their archive department and a week later the details dropped through my letterbox. I was very impressed by their efficiency. Not bad for a Council! :d

mrmagyar wrote:

Ah! Will try that soon!:beer:
William