paulbugman
15 years ago
what would be the correct colour for a blue coloured 63 beetle that came from oz as not got the original interior and be nice to start sourcing bit`s as i can ,when funds allow .
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Hi!

This is a photo of the interior of my UK 63! It has all white seats and white/grey door cards! This is correct for a german built 63 but I would think that it would be different on an Oz bug as they often had differnet colour schemes

so sorry, probably useless!:roll: :wink: :lol:

UserPostedImage
William
RoRoVw
15 years ago
The seats in 54 Gertie's car are Silver Beige and the door panels are Silver Beige and Derby Grey. A blue car would probably have had the same combination. A Beryl Green car was slightly different and a Pearl White car would probably have had Silver Beige and Red.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

The seats in 54 Gertie's car are Silver Beige and the door panels are Silver Beige and Derby Grey. A blue car would probably have had the same combination. A Beryl Green car was slightly different and a Pearl White car would probably have had Silver Beige and Red.

RoRoVw wrote:

Also believe that a black car would have a red interior!:wink:

But I think because it is an Oz import I believe they would be different!:lol:
William
RoRoVw
15 years ago
Yes I agree it would probably be different for an Oz built car. However if it isn't possible to find out what it should be like then it wouldn't look out of place to retrim it as a German built model of the same age.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Yes I agree it would probably be different for an Oz built car. However if it isn't possible to find out what it should be like then it wouldn't look out of place to retrim it as a German built model of the same age.

RoRoVw wrote:

Yes I agree!:wink:

I much prefer german interiors anyday! Oz and SA ones always look a bit "homemade" to me!

Usually because they often used very bright colours, very similar to the body colour! This may be to some peoples tastes but not to mine!:wink: :lol:
William
paulbugman
15 years ago
cheers for help give me something to go on , interior in car is homemade but done very well and snug but as these cars get older it might be harder to find interior bits eventually
mrsherbie
15 years ago
This is the interior of my old NZ assembled Australian built 63, resprayed pearl white in the 70's but ruby red underneath and all of the interior and all parts are og.
Door panels are pretty much identical spec, but as you see seat combination colours are slightly different.
Chase up 'IN2VWS' for best advice, he's top for Oz advice! :d :

IN2VWS 

I guess you are gulf blue, in which case according to this 64 chart, your interior could be an interesting combo!? depends on the exact age/cut off date for oz cars.

64 chart 

As Gertie says usually OZ interiors are pretty different, I think the beige/grey was just the most popular/common possibly worldwide so just happens to be closer to German than most.

Your floorpan is dark grey instead of black, dont paint it black!

Your biggest decision is if you have to replace your headlining as thats VERY different, and sadly not available anymore! But a special feature of oz cars that wants to be retained at all costs!
In fact on a 63 a really high percentage of your cars parts are uniquely OZ manufactured, even all the bosch parts from memory! And you probably have oval body quarters too.

my ex-63

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
IN2VWS
15 years ago
In January 1963 we changed from the sewn seams to welded seams on the seats. There were less colours available after January 1963.

IS your car pre or post January 1963?

Daneo
15 years ago
Hope this link helps - I'm restoring a 63 ragtop Turquoise.

https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/colors/bug63.htm