Rach66
  • Rach66
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago

This just might be of interest.

Newton Commercial do the early front firewall mat with no holes, so good for RHD!

https://www.newtoncomm.co.uk/cars/vw/library.jsp?model=26 

8)

VW Stan wrote:

Great, thanks for that!:d
RoRoVw
15 years ago

The himmelservice carpet looks ok, I am sure they would post a very small square sample if asked? I find German suppliers are very good like that.

mrsherbie wrote:

Yes Himmelservice posted me a small sample of the carpet and the headlining material. They were very helpful.
Newton Commercial also posted me a carpet sample.
Rach66
  • Rach66
15 years ago
Had an email from Himmel, the set doesn't include carpet for the areas where the rubber mats would have been. They can supply carpet mats for the footwell section, but then that leaves the tunnel. They are very helpful, I have to say :d

I didn't realise bug carpet was so complicated.

Newton does the whole carpet, but not in grey.

Flippin' 'eck!:?
55Kab
15 years ago

Newton does the whole carpet, but not in grey. Flippin' 'eck!:?

Rach66 wrote:

Rach
Wolfsburg West would be able to make a RHD carpet set, although I'm not sure if they can do the grey. Worth sending them an email. Even with the poor £/$ exchange rate price should be similar to NC.
Rach66
  • Rach66
15 years ago
Thanks, I'll try them, and also see if they do the whole set. They do the rubber mats, but only for LHD cars.
VW Stan
15 years ago

This just might be of interest.

Newton Commercial do the early front firewall mat with no holes, so good for RHD!

https://www.newtoncomm.co.uk/cars/vw/library.jsp?model=26 

8)

VW Stan wrote:

I've just had a reply from NC...

Thanks for your email. They are only available in grey. They are usually only sold as part of the carpet set but if you want the mat only I can sell it to you for £25.00 + vat. Thanks.

With Regards
Katie
Newton Commercial

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!