overrestored
15 years ago
The owner Mark will post more photos as he gets farther along.

Nice looking car. Subtle color.  DSC_0495 (Medium).JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
protect me from what I want
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Very easy on the eye. Good colour choice. Makes it look more sporty than with the usual whitewalls and two tone wheels. Whats the motor?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Bjoern
15 years ago
A wonderful car, somewhere I have seen the "Mövensilver" on a Rometsch before 😉 Lease let us in touch to share more informations of this beautyful car. Gratulations to Mark and Ray.
qwerty
15 years ago
Thanks everyone for the comments (and encouragement!) - Ray Schubert has been working hard to finish this car for this spring!

Color is DB229 Mittelgrun from Mercedes 300 and is slightly metallic.

Dave Lumetta did the interior in green leather, with a green squareweave carpet.

Ray is building an Okrasa engine - long block is done 1414cc - need to test fit it in the car to see if the carbs/manifolds will clear the deck lid hinges...

Last will be the top - mock-up top cover has been done and a pattern made for the final material.

Mark

GKL 7
15 years ago
Wow that colour is so Mellow.
I like that.
zelensis61
15 years ago
Splenid color, 😎 Now you need to repaint the sirenebox trailer...:shock: !
You can hang it behind the romy to warn the upcoming trafic you drive with a most beautifull rare banana...:lol:
Greets, Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
SplitPersonality
15 years ago
Wonderful!!!

When and where do we do the "EU meets US"-show of Rometsches? It is about time...
Bjoern
15 years ago

Wonderful!!!

When and where do we do the "EU meets US"-show of Rometsches? It is about time...

SplitPersonality wrote:

If this show is in the states, it could be very expensive for Traugott ;-)

UserPostedImage
qwerty
15 years ago
In the meantime, maybe we can get all the California Rometschs together again someday. Possibly at Rich Kimball's event in Anaheim this fall?

There are 3 in my shop now - mine, Ray's coupe, and the barnfind - now Lloyd Kee's. And Lloyd has the red one (ex-Mac Jones). Then there's the brown one up north in Santa Rosa area, Eric's fine ride, Malamut's black one, and Blue N's??

SplitPersonality
15 years ago

In the meantime, maybe we can get all the California Rometschs together again someday. Possibly at Rich Kimball's event in Anaheim this fall?

There are 3 in my shop now - mine, Ray's coupe, and the barnfind - now Lloyd Kee's. And Lloyd has the red one (ex-Mac Jones). Then there's the brown one up north in Santa Rosa area, Eric's fine ride, Malamut's black one, and Blue N's??

qwerty wrote:

Great idea!

Don't forget the two of Mark in LA and the two in Oregon also...
qwerty
15 years ago
Here are a few more pictures - almost ready to have the top put on!
 Feb 09 almost done 002 (Small).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Feb 09 almost done 003 (Small).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Feb 09 almost done 009 (Small).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Feb 09 almost done 011 (Small).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC_0131 (Small).JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC_0133 (Small).JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC_0137 (Small).JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Bjoern
15 years ago
Simply to say: Beautyful!
54 Gertie
15 years ago
That garage looks like heaven!:shock: :d

William
2splits
15 years ago
GOD that is beautiful.

I REALLY need to find a Beeskow. That car is amazing!
Kevin

-51 Split Rag
-58 Ghia Cab with Okrasa
-57 356
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Damn! Just noticed thats a Binz crewcab in the background! Nice collection.:d
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
15 years ago

Damn! Just noticed thats a Binz crewcab in the background! Nice collection.:d

JD wrote:

Should be a Heb(possibly two) in there somewhere JD,if it's the same Mark as i'm thinking of.
Sold a Mark some NOS Bosch foglights a year or so ago,said he was going to fit them to his Rom.
qwerty
15 years ago
No Heb's here ( I do have a 50 vert 🙂 )Maybe a different Mark in NorCal - I think Mark Mertz has one or two?
I do have a set of foglights - trying to gather up some courage to drill the holes
Trying to finish the Rometsch by April for our local Kelley Park Vintage VW show in San Jose.
Binz was a long project - now it's done!
Lots of projects to keep me going for awhile!
Mark
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
I guess theres a fairly limited pool of Binz crewcabs. Is yours the one that was previously modified in pearl white and metallic blue on the cover of VW trends? Come a long way if it is! Post some pics of the project maybe?

Just spotted a Tüscher (sp? rolltop) too!:shock:
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
15 years ago

No Heb's here ( I do have a 50 vert 🙂 )Maybe a different Mark in NorCal - I think Mark Mertz has one or two?

qwerty wrote:

Yes,Mark Mertz.
Think i'm getting my double M's confused.
Are you also a MM,Mark. As in Mr Merrill?
May be it was you with the foglights,i don't know,i'm confused now:?
qwerty
15 years ago
I put some photos of the Binz in the General>Photos thread for you JD! 1959 non-suicide door version.