Bally
  • Bally
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
How do you tell if a Karmann Badge is genuine or repro? This one has the pins slightly offset so I'm thinking it would be repro - I'm sure Karmann would have got them spot on but I'm open to a challenge on that. I believe this is a 58 and later badge but up until which year?

Cheers,

Dave

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Etzhold1
15 years ago
That badge in the picture is original IMO , I think the repro badges do not have the grooves on the pins in the back !
These badges are used till atleast 1980 the last super beetle cabrio ( triple black)

Regards,

Guido
Bally
  • Bally
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago

That badge in the picture is original IMO , I think the repro badges do not have the grooves on the pins in the back !
These badges are used till atleast 1980 the last super beetle cabrio ( triple black)

Regards,

Guido

Etzhold1 wrote:

Thanks Guido.

it would make sense that it is original as it came with a load of mostly original parts - I was just a bit thrown by the pins being offset (unless they are all offset the same amount so are interchangeable?)

Dave
55Kab
15 years ago
And it's no good for your car Dave! :lol:
Bally
  • Bally
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago

And it's no good for your car Dave! :lol:

55Kab wrote:

Yep - I do have the correct one Martin, albeit a repro :d
55Kab
15 years ago

albeit a repro :d

Bally wrote:

Yeah, I'm having to use a repro too. I think NOS early Vert badges are like teeth and hens although if you watch the Samba long enough I guess one will come up.
Etzhold1
15 years ago
repro badge