Sunroof53
14 years ago
I quite like this .Difficult to imagine with black and white photos but it was fire engine red .Surely its still around.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
What a cool car. Not devastatingly quick by modern standards, but very respectable for `63. Not much quicker than a stocker to 80mph either. Funny.

Interesting use of an Oval Kabrio decklid and those funny half sized German accessory tail lights.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Cool! 😎 My eyes hurt but cool! :lol:

Be nice if it is still around, suppose it may bare no resemblance now though as they were all bolt on parts!
William
Sunroof53
14 years ago
The article was from January 63 so the car was only a couple of years old .that must have been an expensive mod in those days.It says he was a managing director of luton vw dealers so i guess parts /money were not an issue ,or maybe they had a written off 356 to play with.That reg does look familiar though ,but then i have been looking at a lot of old mags recently .I really must get round to finishing off that time machine :roll: :wink:
Sunroof53
14 years ago
Sorry ,article was from june 63.I wonder if it was there demo car .I can just imagine the salesman dissmissing any idea that the VW was a slow car .Guess the customer would have been dissappointed when his new car turned up and the 0-60 time went from 12.5 secs to nearly 20secs.The car has loads of extras ,a trip speedo,parcel shelf ,fuel gauge and rev counter ,not to mention the array of under dash switches and a sunroof model :!: .Must have been like climbing into the cockpit of a rocket ship back then.8)
55Kab
14 years ago
Doesn't look good, DVLA man, he say...

"Vehicle details could not be found

As it has not been possible to locate the vehicle details"

Sunroof53
14 years ago