Next_Racer
14 years ago
First of all my congratulations to the whole team. It was a fantastic weekend in Hessisch Oldendorf. For me it was my first visit to this meeting. We left Thursday morning at 8h to Hessisch Oldendorf and we arrived there around 16h. After a journey of about 530km without trouble. The only problem I had was not enough time to check out all the cars. I really was looking forward to this show and it turned out great for us.
The link to my pics you can find here 
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

First of all my congratulations to the whole team. It was a fantastic weekend in Hessisch Oldendorf. For me it was my first visit to this meeting. We left Thursday morning at 8h to Hessisch Oldendorf and we arrived there around 16h. After a journey of about 530km without trouble. The only problem I had was not enough time to check out all the cars. I really was looking forward to this show and it turned out great for us.
The link to my pics you can find here 

Next_Racer wrote:

Nice pictures - glad you took some of my car too!!:d
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Next_Racer
14 years ago

Nice pictures - glad you took some of my car too!!:d

JD wrote:

Can you tell me what car is yours?
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
It´s the black Kabrio - the last car in the empty platz by the church on Sunday night.
UserPostedImage
RockStock
14 years ago

I was wondering that also. I actually thought there seemed a fair amount of lowered vehicles in attendance and that the lowered Heb's got quite a lot of attention.

If it's ready, perhaps I'll have to take the 55 in 4 years time :lol:

55Kab wrote:

The sprinkling of lowered VWs were politely accepted
Clearly Hebs live in a different category...

It's a stock show, & that's overwhelmingly what attendees want to see
StockRocks
oval56
14 years ago

Clearly Hebs belong in a different category...

Don't get the wrong idea; it's a stock show & that's overwhelmingly what attendees want to see

RockStock wrote:

nice discussion, i do had also some on the weekend, BUT the most german original/stock fan's know me and my work, the accept it as long as nothing original is damaged or modified to get it to a real low level.

i do lowering for me and for fun and for show...but it should be drivable.

also i try to explain the the lowering guys ar not a kind of human who wants to provocate or who wants to destroy original parts and stock cars, most of them respect an appreciate the stock cars restored or unrestored with patina and original history.

the point is how the critic will be communicated...

andi / heb455
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
Richard
14 years ago

Clearly Hebs live in a different category...

It's a stock show, & that's overwhelmingly what attendees want to see

RockStock wrote:

I was amazed at how many people appreciated my car, I was expecting it be frowned upon for being lowered & on 15" solids, but everyone seemed to love it.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

nice discussion, i do had also some on the weekend, BUT the most german original/stock fan's know me and my work, the accept it as long as nothing original is damaged or modified to get it to a real low level.

also i try to explain the the lowering guys ar not a kind of human who wants to provocate or who wants to destroy original parts and stock cars, most of them respect an appreciate the stock cars restored or unrestored with patina and original history.

andi / heb455

oval56 wrote:

I was more amazed to see the other lowered heb had those big 1970s front indicators and one of the Austrian ones had 1200 rear lights. Those really jumped out at me!!

What does "MIL GT" mean?
UserPostedImage
VW Stan
14 years ago

I was amazed at how many people appreciated my car, I was expecting it be frowned upon for being lowered & on 15" solids, but everyone seemed to love it.

Richard wrote:

The only thing that made me frown was helping to bump-start it! :wink:
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
oval56
14 years ago

I was more amazed to see the other lowered heb had those big 1970s front indicators and one of the Austrian ones had 1200 rear lights. Those really jumped out at me!!

What does "MIL GT" mean?

JD wrote:

i still do not know, the former owner is in this time in chemo therapie, so a contact is nearly not possible, but i will try to get this thing solved :-)

the story to the other heb is, that as peter bought it, the car does hve had export bumpers, big taillights and wrong fenders on rear, also chromemolding wa sa later part, and he tried to fix soem things in same short time as me ( he got his car in march, i got mine in februar this year).. so he changed the correct rear fenders, bumpers and chrome molding, also he replaces the tailligts, than some work on the brakes, lowering job and frontaxle, some spot repairs, and last but not least, the painjob had not finished in time the right frontfenders he als still have and correct front hood ( is also a late one same as mine) so he accepted it to go with this ugly indicators and wrong frontfenders to hessisch oldendorf 🙂
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
SplitPersonality
14 years ago

andi / heb455

oval56 wrote:

The lowering is "unboltable" and all fine I think... the car looked really cool!

BUT - I see a much bigger "authenticity / destruction of soul & history"-problem with the fact that you intend to sandblast and fully restore this car... As I understand it is one of only 2 - two - known Hebmullers with mainly first paint / original paint on a large portion of the body. Very, very unique... as opposed to all the others, it has a geniune value in being preserved in the original paint and not be converted to "yet another one". My two cents only, and of course entirely up to you. I just feel the the global library of VW-preservation-elements is one chapter shorter if you erase all this from this one unique car. Otherwise - I love it and what you have done to it..
oval56
14 years ago

The lowering is "unboltable" and all fine I think... the car looked really cool!

BUT - I see a much bigger "authenticity / destruction of soul & history"-problem with the fact that you intend to sandblast and fully restore this car... As I understand it is one of only 2 - two - known Hebmullers with mainly first paint / original paint on a large portion of the body. Very, very unique... as opposed to all the others, it has a geniune value in being preserved in the original paint and not be converted to "yet another one". My two cents only, and of course entirely up to you. I just feel the the global library of VW-preservation-elements is one chapter shorter if you erase all this from this one unique car. Otherwise - I love it and what you have done to it..

SplitPersonality wrote:

the problem for me is, i love patina, also i do love perfeclty restored cars in all detais, but you are right, also a summary of this weekend was to let this car as it is and try to stop or slow down the process of rust. the problem is, where is the border, so the right side is done, the left side still needs work, but i do have the problem, without sandblasting you dont get it rustfre... so now at the moment my only plan is to fix the rearwindow but i will not exchange the whole roof, and than i will try to do my interieur complete (not new, only a real cleaning, and try to copy the missing parts of the rearseats).

my point is, i will use and drive it, and technic should be fine, and body should be as it is.
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

i still do not know, the former owner is in this time in chemo therapie, so a contact is nearly not possible, but i will try to get this thing solved :-)

the story to the other heb is, that as peter bought it, the car does hve had export bumpers, big taillights and wrong fenders on rear, also chromemolding wa sa later part, and he tried to fix soem things in same short time as me ( he got his car in march, i got mine in februar this year).. so he changed the correct rear fenders, bumpers and chrome molding, also he replaces the tailligts, than some work on the brakes, lowering job and frontaxle, some spot repairs, and last but not least, the painjob had not finished in time the right frontfenders he als still have and correct front hood ( is also a late one same as mine) so he accepted it to go with this ugly indicators and wrong frontfenders to hessisch oldendorf :-)

oval56 wrote:

Ah, I kind of thought it must be something like that.

Best wishes to the former owner of your car.
I must say it was kind of obvious from your website what car it was! I just looked at all the parts that you didn´t show!!
I would also think twice about repainting it, if it really is first paint.
UserPostedImage
oval56
14 years ago

Ah, I kind of thought it must be something like that.

Best wishes to the former owner of your car.
I must say it was kind of obvious from your website what car it was! I just looked at all the parts that you didn´t show!!
I would also think twice about repainting it, if it really is first paint.

JD wrote:

now not all is first paint, but 3 fenders, and dors ar first paint, and decklid rear i think, but some parts alo dashboard have ben repainted one time... i have tried not to loose the stock, patina look, but if you have to weld some areas you can't avoid the problem of painting it with spraycan...
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
GKL 7
14 years ago

Ah - I always knew I was destined for the big time!:lol: :roll:

JD wrote:

Nearly not 'tho, when you leave it in the car park late at night with the lights on:oops:
Good seeing you again JD:wink:
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Nearly not 'tho, when you leave it in the car park late at night with the lights on:oops:
Good seeing you again JD:wink:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Likewise.:d

That "lights on" trick is getting to be a bit of a habit lately. Must be senility kicking in.
UserPostedImage
reminou75
14 years ago
vintagevw
14 years ago
What a great week-end we had!
To all the guys I've talked to it was a real pleasure to see you.
I've met Andy who owns the(Heb 455), those 2 cars (heb 458 ) haven't see eachother since the separate in the factory. :d
Andi had the wrong front bonnetbadge on his heb witch was the one that I needed for my zwitter so he offered me a trade with his one!:beer:
Thanks for the Red Bull from Italy Roland! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had to switch a bearing of the zwitter vert becouse the brakes where a bit too close.
Otherwise it rides perfect!
Thanks to Christian and his team for this perfect and unforgetable week-end.:beer:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
RockStock
14 years ago
Rich, your car is very cool
I thought it was a nice touch fitting the solids; good respect. Looks much better on the Fuchs though!
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Is Peter on here?
Have you seen the video I posted on TS? Got a good shot of you driving out

Andy (Heb455) - loving yours too. og paint rocks

StockRocks
Next_Racer
14 years ago

It´s the black Kabrio - the last car in the empty platz by the church on Sunday night.

JD wrote:

A ok. Nice car you have. Maybe next time we should meet each other and have a :beer: