sneal
  • sneal
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
Is the SWF glass botter from KK the proper one for a 56?? if so where abouts under the bonnet should it be placed. Mine has the later plastic bottle which I would like ot get rid of!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
14 years ago
i've usually seen them mounted on the small shelf behind the spare wheel.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Is the SWF glass botter from KK the proper one for a 56?? if so where abouts under the bonnet should it be placed. Mine has the later plastic bottle which I would like ot get rid of!

sneal wrote:

UserPostedImage
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Go proper hardcore and remove it. My car has never had one fitted.
Weren´t they a dealer fitment in the UK anyway?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Rhodrich
14 years ago
Strictly speaking, you require one for an MOT, whether it was originally fitted or not. In practice, you can usually get away without it.

The regs say that you must have some way of washing the window, but they do not specify exactly what that involves. I have a squeezy bottle of water in my glovebox labelled 'screenwash'. Since I can demonstrate that the windscreen can be washed with this by reaching out of the driver's side window (or the sunroof), it's a pass!
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Strictly speaking, you require one for an MOT, whether it was originally fitted or not. In practice, you can usually get away without it.

The regs say that you must have some way of washing the window, but they do not specify exactly what that involves. I have a squeezy bottle of water in my glovebox labelled 'screenwash'. Since I can demonstrate that the windscreen can be washed with this by reaching out of the driver's side window (or the sunroof), it's a pass!

Rhodrich wrote:

I don´t do MOTs!:wink:
I´d heard you could get away without it though.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago

The regs say that you must have some way of washing the window

Rhodrich wrote:

Just put a bucket of water and a sponge on the back seat....PASS.
55Kab
14 years ago

Rhodrich wrote:

Exactly. The Cabrio had never had a washer fitted so although it's getting a lot of other silly mods :lol: I'm not about to start drilling the scuttle for a washer jet! :wink:

klaus53
14 years ago
Apologies for the the thread hijack, but would a 53 originally have had a washer bottle fitted?
1961 Type 1/11
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Apologies for the the thread hijack, but would a 53 originally have had a washer bottle fitted?

klaus53 wrote:

No. Pre-61 Beetles did not have them.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Mike Peckham
14 years ago

No. Pre-61 Beetles did not have them.

Rich Oakley wrote:

But they were generally fitted by the dealer in the UK prior to sale. The make most often used in the the UK was "Tudor", whereas continental beetles I believe were dealer fitted with "SWF".

Mike :wink:
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
sneal
  • sneal
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
cheers

hang on tudor?????