klaus53
14 years ago
As a newbie here I thought I'd post up a few shots of my 53 Ragtop.

As you can see there are a few bits that are wrong for the year - it's a bit of a survivor car, imported from east Germany in 91'

I think people have just done what they can to keep it on the road over the years.

It has the later big window model doors and front wings, 55-60 tail lights and those weird "elephant ear" indicators. One interesting point is that it also came with what I think is a pre 49' decklid - has a pressing for the numberplate - but has a later pope's nose tacked on.

I'm slowly amassing the correct parts that I need for an eventual resto!

Here are a couple of pics taken last week after the car came out for the first time in 2 years for a bit of a service and a clean up. The car passed its MOT and is now back on the road.  DSC_0004.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC_0007.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  DSC_0009.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1961 Type 1/11
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
VW Stan
14 years ago
Hi Klaus,
Looks like a lovely oval even with a few wrong bits.
It must be nice to have the sunroof to make the most of the little sunshine we get!

8)

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
klaus53
14 years ago

Hi Klaus,
Looks like a lovely oval even with a few wrong bits.
It must be nice to have the sunroof to make the most of the little sunshine we get!

8)

VW Stan wrote:

Cheers Stan!
1961 Type 1/11
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Lovely car Klaus!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Standard split
14 years ago
Yes, a nice car for sure, as you say a survivor car with some later parts:o

Are the doors ribbed, the one I can see (the driver's) looks plain – late '55 on :?:

Changing the doors is not a straight swap due to the different catch mechanisms and moulding on the pillar for the striker plate.

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
14 years ago
Really nice Bug, love the colour.
klaus53
14 years ago
Cheers! Am loving being able to drive it after 2 years off the road!
1961 Type 1/11