59 Ragtop
14 years ago
[img]https://inbox[/img]Hi all,

Just recently in the last couple of weeks bought a 1959 Golde Sunroof Beetle in Garnet Red. The car was restored in 1996 and looks neat. The car has an all original interior which has never been resprayed. I'm pretty chuffed as the car has a couple of nice accesories, namely a Nieman Steering/Ignition Lock, with a push button starter. It also has Orkano Stoneguards and Side repeaters instead of Semaphores. As I say i'm new to the forum, i dont suppose anybody knows how to attach pics to your posts,i'll then drop in some snaps for you all to have a gander at.

Cheers

Tom
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
55Kab
14 years ago
Sounds like a nice buy Tom.

You have to upload your photos to a web based hoster like Photobucket and post the links from there. Email them to me if you like and I'll upload them for you. :wink:

GKL 7
14 years ago
You can also upload direct from your p.c using the browse icon:wink:
VW Stan
14 years ago
After you hit the 'post' button, if you revisit your post you'll see a button saying 'attach' at the top right.
Hit this and you can then use the choose file and upload buttons to attach some pictures stored on your computer.
:d

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
55Kab
14 years ago
Here's the photos of Tom's car:

Tom's car p1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Tom's car p2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Tom's car p3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Tom's car p4.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Tom's car p5.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
harveypj
14 years ago
😎 Great looking little car you have there.

Stock......the new custom
59 Ragtop
14 years ago

Thanks, we've just been busy waxoyling the underneath today, hopefully it'll stay that way. Only had it a couple of weeks, so loving taking it out and about.

Cheers

Tom
fergusmalhoon
14 years ago
that looks a cracking ride, you must be well chuffed
VW Stan
14 years ago
😎
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
59 Ragtop
14 years ago

Thanks again for all the comments, i'm chuffed that its a Ragtop too. My dad had a 62 Ruby Red Ragtop,that was a pretty sweet car as well. Got a few bits and bobs to sort out, but nothing major.

Cheers

Tom
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Lovely Swedish Ragtop and in the best colour that VW ever did!

I would personally have to change that hideous wing-beading though to the correct black stuff!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
59 Ragtop
14 years ago

Agreed. Another job on my list of jobs to do!. As you say Garnet Red is a great colour, though only for 1 year, which was a bit of a shame.

Cheers

Tom
48REME
14 years ago
Very very pretty car and lovely colour too!:d
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Is this not a '58 model? Just going by the drain tubes in the engine bay mine.

Also, dont suppose your getting rid of that lovely 1200 engine? I need one. :wink:

Gorgeous, love Garnet Red. 😎
William
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Is this not a '58 model? Just going by the drain tubes in the engine bay mine.

Also, dont suppose your getting rid of that lovely 1200 engine? I need one. :wink:

Gorgeous, love Garnet Red. 😎

54 Gertie wrote:

59s had the drain tubes too.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

59s had the drain tubes too.

Rich Oakley wrote:

:oops:

Is there a good way to tell a '58 and '59 apart? :?

William
59 Ragtop
14 years ago

The Car was manufactured in February 1959, so its an early 59 Model Year Car. Just a bit confused as to why some Beetles from Sweden are Left Hand Drive and this Car is Original Right-Hand Drive. Maybe it was a special order from Wolfsburg?. Possibly a Serviceman planned to take it abroad? Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Tom
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

The Car was manufactured in February 1959, so its an early 59 Model Year Car. Just a bit confused as to why some Beetles from Sweden are Left Hand Drive and this Car is Original Right-Hand Drive. Maybe it was a special order from Wolfsburg?. Possibly a Serviceman planned to take it abroad? Any info appreciated.

Cheers

Tom

59 Ragtop wrote:

Sweden still drove on the left in 1959, but for years and years, people had been ordering LHD cars, I presume in anticipation of the country changing over to driving on the right, so LHD in Sweden was the norm. However, you could place a 'special order' for a RHD car if you so wished, for whatever reason. It looks like that's what happened here.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

:oops:

Is there a good way to tell a '58 and '59 apart? :?

54 Gertie wrote:

Virtually bugger-all. The front wings actually changed for the '59 model slightly, but that's about the only noticable thing apart from colour schemes.
59 Ragtop
14 years ago

Gonna contact stiftung and get some info soon, cant beat info from the horses mouth! Unfortunately the engine kinda helps the car run8) As it is its a 34 horse and aint oringinal...