Sambaguy
14 years ago
Hi guys,

I hope everybody of you have made a nice beginning of the new year. I had myself the possibilty to work on my heb a few hours.

Last weekend when I removed the top material of my Heb, I made a remarkable
find.

It looks like they have used some old post sacks for the inner roof. On one place it was stamped 1930 as well.

Sambaguy

symbol.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  symbol1.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
14 years ago
That is weard...Recycling in the late 40? :lol:
That is one way to save coasts in the making of a heb and maybe the result of the fire in july....with heavey costs to make the factory a factory again, an insurance payment to laugh at and a strugle to fullfill the order towards VW they made.
Great find. best regards
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sambaguy
14 years ago
I am not sure that this have been built in from the factory. It could be a later work. :)

Sambaguy
vintagevw
14 years ago
Maybe Adolf repaired this hood! :lol: :lol:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
oval56
14 years ago
wow, whta a find....:shock:

thats a thing, glad that you have thes parts on your heb.. at mine the inner parts of the roof are missing :cry:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

wow, whta a find....:shock:

thats a thing, glad that you have thes parts on your heb.. at mine the inner parts of the roof are missing :cry:

oval56 wrote:

Ah, the hardships of being a Hebmüller owner. Hard life, eh? :wink: :lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
oval56
14 years ago

Ah, the hardships of being a Hebmüller owner. Hard life, eh? :wink: :lol:

JD wrote:

for sure :wink: :lol:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
kdf38
14 years ago
What is dated with 1930?

Hi guys,

On one place it was stamped 1930 as well.

Sambaguy

Sambaguy wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
Sambaguy
14 years ago
On an other piece of the clothing it was stamped H.Vpfl. 1930.

Does anybody know what that stands for?

Sambaguy  Heb cloth 001.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
14 years ago
https://www.usmbooks.com/nazi_grainbags.html 

The abbreviations H.Verpfl. and H.Vpfl. both stand for Heeres Verpflegung or “Army Food Supply”.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
vintagevw
14 years ago

for sure :wink: :lol:

oval56 wrote:

X2 :wink: :lol: :lol:
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
overrestored
14 years ago
That sack is a pretty interesting find. Kind of eerie. I have seen some odd stuff come out of vw's... but this one is pretty unusual. I wonder if it was the upholstery shop making a quiet comment... unknown to the owner?

I have seen houses... where the carpenters either do or don't like the owner... and depending on this... they hide little secret treasures in the walls which are found years later. Some hide little time capsules even... with lots of little treasures like in them.

I used to work in a shop that built camper van interiors. We would get brand new vans off the dealer lot... and then tear into them to build the conversions. I found all sorts of stuff in them. We found pair of "vise grip" pliers under the dashboard of a new Dodge van... clamped to the bolt that held the radio strap on the stock am radio...kind of scary to think that the Dodge factory was using vise grips on the radios on the assembly line.... makes you wonder about the build quality.

We found lots of magazines... food wrappers... bottles... cans... etc. nothing too important.

I always hide a little something now when building houses or cars... so that 50 years from now it will make the new owner smile or laugh.

I bet that is what this is... a little joke from the sixties when the top was replaced.

protect me from what I want