Howard81
14 years ago
I have a lovely original 1966 1300 Beetle, which I'm going to have a little bit of work done on later in the year, including repainting the wheels.

I put a set of 165x15 radial tyres on it when I first bought it, but that was 12 years ago - they will all need replacing before the next MoT, especially as the tyres will be taken off for the wheels to blasted and painted. I'd always regretted fitting the 165-profiles, as they look far too fat for the car.

I always planned that "next time" I would get a set of 5.60x15 crossplies as these are original, plus look the best on a stock Beetle. However it now seems these are now stupidly expensive! Cheapest I've found is a Firestone at almost £120 each. Well, I'm not spending £600 on tyres, no matter how much I love originality!

Can anyone recommend a good source of (cheaper) crossplies? I believe the Camac ones that used to sell for £40 are now out of production.

Failing that, any recommendations for 155x15 radials that look in keeping with the car? 🙂
1966 Volkswagen 1300
1978 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1970 Triumph Spitfire IV
1962 Austin Seven
1962 MGA
1965 Mobylette SP50
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads