pre67vw
12 years ago

That'd be me then :wink: XDD 521 is now owned by a guy called Phil in Devon. Last time we spoke via email he was thinking about going back to stock.
:thumbup:

smull wrote:

If you've got any contact details, maybe you could point him here as well? :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
chrisbug91
12 years ago

MDL 179, was purchased by my father from a freind of his, we were led to believe it was the first non import rhd oval to be sold on the isle of man, my dad stripped the car and sold it back to his friend who did nothing with it, it was then purchased by my brother who is a classic car restorer who restored it and sold it about 15 years ago, have seen it around since for sale and at shows, still have as couple of bits for it, also i have seen the owner was trying to sell the reg off it.

mooney3019 wrote:

DL is an Isle of Wight regestration, would that mean this car was purchased at Fishbourne Gargage.
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
smull
12 years ago

If you've got any contact details, maybe you could point him here as well? :thumbup:

pre67vw wrote:

Sadly not, my computer died before Christmas taking his email addy with it :roll: Not a photo for the purists but....

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Photos from Bug Jam 2007 when it won Best Cal Look.

UserPostedImage
A person is intelligent but people are stupid
Robb
11 years ago

TLE 70 a metallic light blue oval, may still be with the VW dealer in Norwich, 'Robinsons'. Back in the '80s it was still in their showroom. They kept it there after getting it back from the original owner in the 1970s who they originally sold it to new.

MDR 155 was light green, a 1956 oval. I owned it for a year or so in the early '90s. No idea who has it now though.:?

Rattletrap wrote:

seen at Lavenham

UserPostedImage
Robb
11 years ago

TYJ 970 is in E.Sussex (I drove past it this afternoon!!!).

Rich Oakley wrote:

saw it at Lavenham, used to be owned by Ivan? was looking a little sad and rusty 😞

do we know who owns it?
RoRoVw
11 years ago
Listed on the Lavenham registration pages as owned by Steve Moran
Rich Oakley
11 years ago

seen at Lavenham

UserPostedImage

Robb wrote:

Yes, Robinsons VW dealership owned this one for many many years until Steve Moran bought it from them last Summer.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
59 Ragtop
11 years ago

I think im correct in saying that i'm correct in saying that this beetle was one of the first beetles that they sold at Riversside Road premises. My Dad enquired a long while ago and we were told they's never sell it. I wonder what changed their mind:roll:
Paulifa1
11 years ago
Hello All,

I can report that SSU 658 is still alive and well. It is still in my ownership and is currently residing in my garage at my parents smallholding in North Lincolnshire :)

The last time it was out and about on the road was in 1997! It has since just lived stored in the garage, taken out for a run around the grounds of the smallholding every other month or so, washed and put back. It's still pretty much in the same condition as when I showed it back in the early nineties, (with the exception of needing a brake overhaul and new tyres as they have cracked up with age!) before I drifted away from the VW scene, .

I'm actually planning to recommission it and have it back road legal this October :)

The cars actual build date was May 7th 1955, it's a RHD UK supplied car. Since restoration in 1989 it has been finished in Zenith Blue. When I originally aquired it back in 1984, it was finished (very badly!) in a non VW maroon colour. It was originally Polar Silver.

I'm currently trying to decide if I should consider selling it.

If anyone has pictures of it at any of the shows I was at in 1990, I'd love to see them.

Kind regards,

Paul Newman
delbaydel
10 years ago
MDR155 agave green 1956 oval i bought from john in 1991 is safe & well tucked up in my garage.i have not had it on the road for years but it is now taxed & will hopefully be back out for a few show next year.:smile:
Rattletrap
10 years ago

MDR155 agave green 1956 oval i bought from john in 1991 is safe & well tucked up in my garage.i have not had it on the road for years but it is now taxed & will hopefully be back out for a few show next year.:smile:

delbaydel wrote:

My old 1956 oval, and you still have it:beer:

I remember how well it drove in modern traffic around London.:smile:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Lost64
10 years ago
Not a UK vehicle, but I was having a chat with a VW friend the other night, and the subject of Ulf Kjaiser and his accessorized 1956 Jungle Green Oval, CLZ 311 came up. Has anyone seen the car, know it's whereabouts, or if Ulf is still active.

I saw the car at the Scottish VW Festival back in the early 1990's, and I think Ulf had brought it to the UK to visit as many shows as he could. Volksworld featured it around this time too.

Interestingly enough Rattletrap was at the same show the year before while still in the ownership of Tony Levy, and it's still around!:d

Gavin
ianmac
10 years ago

Not a UK vehicle, but I was having a chat with a VW friend the other night, and the subject of Ulf Kjaiser and his accessorized 1956 Jungle Green Oval, CLZ 311 came up. Has anyone seen the car, know it's whereabouts, or if Ulf is still active.

I saw the car at the Scottish VW Festival back in the early 1990's, and I think Ulf had brought it to the UK to visit as many shows as he could. Volksworld featured it around this time too.

Interestingly enough Rattletrap was at the same show the year before while still in the ownership of Tony Levy, and it's still around!:d

Gavin

Originally Posted by: Lost64 

I remember it in the UK in the very early 1990s I think it was in Cornwall of all places, a real cool car and a nice guy it had a serious load of accessories. No idea where it is now :?
Foxy
10 years ago
MOL 179 polar silver ragtop.

I remember this from the mid 90s. Did a search and found this old Bug Jam video, fast forward to about 31 mins...

I actually thought it was a polar silver 56/57 with red interior ( the same as the car I'm restoring ), but watching the video it's actually a 53-55 in later colour scheme!

Anyone seen it recently?
Robb
10 years ago
its in Ireland mate! and still about, photos of it in a recent volksworld

now on empi 5's with an irish number plate.

the car was originally found in a garage in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Ive got the feature somewhere, about 1995.

you sure its a pre 55 oval? I know its got square corners on the sunroof, but I think it is a 56.
Robb
10 years ago
off the waynemac blog

UserPostedImage
chrisbug91
10 years ago
That's a shame it's lost it's original number.
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
Foxy
10 years ago

its in Ireland mate! and still about, photos of it in a recent volksworld

now on empi 5's with an irish number plate.

the car was originally found in a garage in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Ive got the feature somewhere, about 1995.

you sure its a pre 55 oval? I know its got square corners on the sunroof, but I think it is a 56.

Originally Posted by: Robb 

Thanks for the info Rob.

When the camera goes past the interior I'm sure you can see straight gearstick, batwing and ribbed doors. Might be wrong the video aint exactly high quality!
I'll have to dig my old Volksworlds out now to check.