59 Ragtop
13 years ago

That's just a beautiful car,i'd certainly love to own it. Looking forward to seeing it at Stanford Hall maybe?.
GKL 7
13 years ago

Hey George when he's finished yours send him over here :wink:

our gardens could do with a tidy up :lol:

lou cypher wrote:

WILL DO, LOU.

Think i'll add him as a buddy if he does a good job :lol: :lol: :lol:
356boy
13 years ago

MrsHerbie is a person I'd love to meet at a VW show, a rare person here – talks sense.:beer:

Ovaltine wrote:

you wouldnt :lol:
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
I am really looking forward to seeing Ivan's car at the REME museum- it's such a special car. However, there will also be another *new* Split-dash Kab there. This one has just emerged from a very long hibernation somewhere in the British Isles and is unique. Be at the REME museum to find out more.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mrsherbie
13 years ago

Take offence if you must.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Oh you know you could never offend me :wink: especially over trivia. Anyway I like peoples differing opinions!

Stock die-hards admittedly dont have the best skills at forum use I agree, as they dont waste all their time on forums/online like young people do, but they are still valuable contributors regardless of their opinions, and certainly far more interesting for me than playing the 'who's who in the vw scene buddy list game' that seems to go on an awful lot
UserPostedImage 
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
pre67vw
13 years ago

What a lot of pathetic rubbish has now flooded into this thread.

Ovaltine wrote:

You started it 😳 :roll:

To the people that have said that they won't normally post on the forums because of whatever, well left to you there would be no forums.

Ovaltine wrote:

Really? So it's down to people like you that we have forums? Well I'd just like to say a big thanks for all your hard work... :wink:

I dislike crawlers myself though many here indulge in that activity.

Ovaltine wrote:

I wouldn't say I know Ivan but I first crossed paths with him in the Grundman VW museum at Hessisch Oldendorf where he was obviously very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about vintage VWs. But lets see if I get this right, here is a guy who puts regular vintage features in his magazine, travels long distances to visit foreign vintage shows and museums, now owns his own vintage VW - but if I say I think he likes vintage VW's then I'm a crawler?

Anyway I have nothing to gain from Ivan by crawling, what's it going to get me a free subscription?

As for this guy, sounds like his garden should be excavated :shock:

Ovaltine wrote:

Leave his garden alone. Seriously.

:lol: :lol:

now PLEASE... Can we leave all of this b*ll*cks out and get back to talking about VWs?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago

I am really looking forward to seeing Ivan's car at the REME museum- it's such a special car. However, there will also be another *new* Split-dash Kab there. This one has just emerged from a very long hibernation somewhere in the British Isles and is unique. Be at the REME museum to find out more.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Like buses - you wait ages and then two come along at once!
Good news any way you look at it.:d
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Ovaltine
13 years ago

... jealous..
I say, Ivan have fun with your beautiful new toy and drive with the hood down with a big smile on your face!

48REME wrote:

Well no. I'd much rather have an early right hand drive Oval window saloon 😳

Really? So it's down to people like you that we have forums? Well I'd just like to say a big thanks for all your hard work... :wink: ?

pre67vw wrote:

One does one's best:wink:

Anyway I have nothing to gain from Ivan by crawling, what's it going to get me a free subscription?

pre67vw wrote:

It would suit me, easier than standing in WH Smiths and reading it each month:lol:

Leave his garden alone. Seriously.

pre67vw wrote:

Might find Rattletrap buried there :twisted:

One thing that I hope still binds us all together is our love of pure stock vintage Beetles :beer: :wink:
The way to end a good day out with your Split is with an Ovaltine!
Ivan
13 years ago

Rich Oakley wrote:

O'Flaherty's one perhaps? The Right Hand Drive one :wink:

Rich Oakley
13 years ago

O'Flaherty's one perhaps? The Right Hand Drive one :wink:

Ivan wrote:

Ja! Popped in to see Wayne last week when I was in Eire and he confirmed that it will be driving and road-legal.

**EDIT:** Unfortunately, Wayne may not be able to make the meeting due to family circumstances.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Ivan
13 years ago

Ja! Popped in to see Wayne last week when I was in Eire and he confirmed that it will be driving and road-legal.

Rich Oakley wrote:

It's a VERY important car as it was presented to O'Flaherty as a gift by VW and is said to be the only RHD one made. It hasn't been out of family ownership since new and this will be the first time it's seen outside of Ireland.

I am really sorry if this sounds as though I know anything about Vintage VWs, especially one many had no idea existed.

I'd better get off now before any of the self-appointed authorities on the subject of me notice I'm not playing cal look. :wink:

Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Did I hear the news correctly yesterday regarding your Kab Ivan? :?: :?:
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Does this mean we have gone from two split dash Karmanns at the REME meet to none at all :roll:

I was looking forward to seeing the Irish RHD car, anyone got any pics of it ?
WayneMcCarthy
13 years ago

Did I hear the news correctly yesterday regarding your Kab Ivan? :?: :?:

Rich Oakley wrote:

can confirm I won't be able to travel this weekend , very disappointed as we have put alot of work into my '50 Split Kab !
Will post a thread soon on this very special car .
What's the story on Ivan's car ? ? ?
When I saw Ivan's Kab @ action it took my breath away 'what a car'
it also has confused me as to what to do with my car , restore or just drive "as is"?
"Mr Stock"
55Kab
13 years ago

I'd better get off now before any of the self-appointed authorities on the subject of me notice I'm not playing cal look. :wink:

Ivan wrote:

55Kab
13 years ago

Will post a thread soon on this very special car

WayneMcCarthy wrote:

Waiting... :wink:

what to do with my car , restore or just drive "as is"?

WayneMcCarthy wrote:

Without seeing it I would think drive as is Wayne.

Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

can confirm I won't be able to travel this weekend , very disappointed as we have put alot of work into my '50 Split Kab !
Will post a thread soon on this very special car .
What's the story on Ivan's car ? ? ?
When I saw Ivan's Kab @ action it took my breath away 'what a car'
it also has confused me as to what to do with my car , restore or just drive "as is"?

WayneMcCarthy wrote:

Hi Wayne,

I drive my Karmann as is (not this year mind you, I never got round to puting it through an MOT) but it really needs restoring which will happen at some point when I have the time and money, but we need to see your car to help you decide. Come on post some pics up I am desperate to see it :d

Kev
WayneMcCarthy
13 years ago

Hi Wayne,

I drive my Karmann as is (not this year mind you, I never got round to puting it through an MOT) but it really needs restoring which will happen at some point when I have the time and money, but we need to see your car to help you decide. Come on post some pics up I am desperate to see it :d

Kev

nev wrote:

Picture's All in Good Time , it's like courting a good looking Bird ! When she take's her cloth's off for the first time! (well let's just say you could be disappointed)

"Mr Stock"
WayneMcCarthy
13 years ago

Waiting... :wink:

Without seeing it I would think drive as is Wayne.

55Kab wrote:

Martin , I think you could be right I might just Leave it!
But After Seeing Your's (The Best Car By Along Way I have Ever Seen) That's Fact!
I Might Go The Full Hog ....................
"Mr Stock"
13 years ago

Wow!Beautiful.:shock:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Tell us more Ivan!

JD wrote:

Beautiful car.

Nice photos too :wink:

that Ivan bloke is ok too :lol:

8)
www.vwoval.co.uk