Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagebug
13 years ago
Rob!!! One for you....

..... if you sell a kidney, your liver, a lung, an eye and (pun fully intended) an arm & a leg... :omg: :omg:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
48REME
13 years ago

Rob!!! One for you....

vintagebug wrote:

Don't think Rob would be too keen to spend that amount on a massive reconstruction where there is very little of an original car left in there. Lovely work done on it and the result is 'pretty' enough though but then again, it can be when the owner is the boss of Carrosserie Lecocq who do beautiful pricey car restorations...
vintagebug
13 years ago

Don't think Rob would be too keen to spend that amount

48REME wrote:

Yep, I already thought that, hence the "if you sell....and an arm & a leg" bit at the end of my post. I didn't know who the seller is though, but now I do! Does he have a website? ;-)

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
What number Heb is this and what do we know about its background?
zelensis61
13 years ago
This car is long known. THe number...is long gone:x .
It was restored in past and a second time in the 80's with a donor split. A report was made in Super VW in the early day's. One of the first 5 I think.
The interior is like the prototype, very nice done, colorcombo outside is 2 tone.
It was in Bad Camberg a few times.

The car is well done but like I wrote, No nrs known from the original Heb.
I included some picts.

I just wondering how many hebs are for sale at this moment....ehhh the same day.
I'll go fishing now, and think about that one:roll:
 kassel.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  page 20 kl.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Scan0004kl.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  48.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  51.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IM000751.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
Thanks for the info Peter - you run a great registry!

Speaking of Hebmullers for sale - who is th enew owner of the "half-price" black/white lowered German car?
heb623
13 years ago
I knew that all too!!!!:p

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
YanRami
11 years ago
NB for the serious historians: there is no evidence that the photo of the car with the lady is the same as the car with the the 1303 rear lights. Just Peter Schepens getting carried away again.
The cream is the Heb, and you know it.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
I have seen photo N02 as well and thourght it must have had a chassis and dash swap at some time in its life :d

Andy W
zelensis61
11 years ago
Yan, Correct about my thinking :? about the car with the lady and the french car... But how many enginecovers with extra louvers from a split or oval karmann convertible engine cover have you seen....and inserted on the very same spot ? :unsure:
To my information and pictures I have seen...Only one So that is why I asume it is the same car. If you have additional info and want to share it yan, I whould love to hear it.

BTW, How are you? I think I need to visit you one time to exchange some info...
Best regards Peter .

And some more info...This car seems to be sold. I was in touch for a friend overhere and suddenly all contact was lost. No more reply from the seller. Anyone have more info? Thanks.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
GKL 7
11 years ago

Just Peter Schepens getting carried away again.

YanRami wrote:

What Yan,you dug up a thread from a year ago,to point that out to us. Why bother doing that?
pre67vw
11 years ago
Did the car ever sell? Anyone know the new owner?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
YanRami
11 years ago
Of the 750 or so cars manufactured, we count less than 150 strong survivors. How many of those still have their original chassis? So many have lost their body numbers. And lots had modern dashboards installed. And so on. So think of the other 600 cars we know little about.
Some would have had modified engine covers and it is unlikely the car with the lady is the same as the French car. The French car underwent an extensive upgrade in the 70's when it received a modern chassis and 1600cc engine and with other "improvements" came vents to guarantee proper cooling. It is probable all this was done at the same time. The car with the lady clearly has an early chassis and split dash.
The French car is listed as a 51 because the donor car used was of that year when it was all put back to how it once was. There is no evidence however of the car's true original year of manufacture. And yes, we know the owner well, here is a photo of my wife Alexandra at his house not so long ago. He still owns the car today and it remains one of my favourite survivors of all time. Peter, you are welcome at our home in London any time you wish.
Regards, Yan  TheFrenchHeb.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  vents.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
The cream is the Heb, and you know it.
zelensis61
11 years ago
Hi yan, again you are correct but I want to ask you, how many photo's of an engine cover with added air intakes like the convertible ones have you seen that are grafted in on exactly the same spot? The pict with the lady was probably taken mid 60s, the pict with the elephant rear lights and 4 bolt wheels in France is taken later then 1974 and probably somewhere in the early 80s. It is possible to swap the whole thing like chassis, engine, and dash let say in a week with a repaint....? It is indeed maybe wishfull thinking. Sad thing is that the real chassis is lost, with the aufbau plate, with the body nr. The only thing I know it is a late heb. at least above 400 nr.
And to correct you about the nrs of hebs made....750 is way over the top. There was an order of 675 cars from VW to Heb and no 2000 units. All the nrs above 714 are suspicious for me as it goes over Hebmuller.
For example car nr 715 is made by MAHAG in Munich and not by Hebmuller, No nr in the front and no VW tag or aufbau nr. Only MAHAG ID tag and paperwork. I say it is weird. Some cars above 700 are made by Karmann. But how many?

All of you know Pascal's hebmuller. Well, I have compared old picts and found out that an article that Bob shail published way back in Volksworld shows a heb on a dolly in swiss. All the bumps and dents on that car, with the antenna, with the CH letters on the same spot are exactly the same as found on Pascal's car :omg: . And the article says that the car was scrapped and gone....

Cheers, I need to study some picts again to learn more....lol.  50 heb scrapped back.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
usariemen
11 years ago
The french one is still for sale.
Or again.
On a big swapmeet today in Germany I saw a cardboard with pics of it
and the price idea of 100 000 Euros.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Master of my domaine.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
There you go Rob a Heb with your name on it. Go and smash your Piggy bank and look for change down the back of the sofa :d

Andy W
vintagevw
11 years ago

Hi yan, again you are correct but I want to ask you, how many photo's of an engine cover with added air intakes like the convertible ones have you seen that are grafted in on exactly the same spot? The pict with the lady was probably taken mid 60s, the pict with the elephant rear lights and 4 bolt wheels in France is taken later then 1974 and probably somewhere in the early 80s. It is possible to swap the whole thing like chassis, engine, and dash let say in a week with a repaint....? It is indeed maybe wishfull thinking. Sad thing is that the real chassis is lost, with the aufbau plate, with the body nr. The only thing I know it is a late heb. at least above 400 nr.
And to correct you about the nrs of hebs made....750 is way over the top. There was an order of 675 cars from VW to Heb and no 2000 units. All the nrs above 714 are suspicious for me as it goes over Hebmuller.
For example car nr 715 is made by MAHAG in Munich and not by Hebmuller, No nr in the front and no VW tag or aufbau nr. Only MAHAG ID tag and paperwork. I say it is weird. Some cars above 700 are made by Karmann. But how many?

All of you know Pascal's hebmuller. Well, I have compared old picts and found out that an article that Bob shail published way back in Volksworld shows a heb on a dolly in swiss. All the bumps and dents on that car, with the antenna, with the CH letters on the same spot are exactly the same as found on Pascal's car :omg: . And the article says that the car was scrapped and gone....

Cheers, I need to study some picts again to learn more....lol.

zelensis61 wrote:

Show me those pics again Peter, it looks like it as my car.... :smile: 😶
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
zelensis61
11 years ago
They are in the pipeline towards your IP Adress...:smile:
Peter
heb201
11 years ago

Show me those pics again Peter, it looks like it as my car.... :smile: 😶

vintagevw wrote:

hello, in Bob's article he mentionend 14 cars build at Karmann 13 in 1952 and 1 on 1953
in the magazine The international vintage volkswagen vol 5 no 5 is a great article about Hebmullers
I also have this info from an article in the Dutch club from ca 1981.

The black heb from 1949 on the samba is sold, does anybody know where to?

I have the nrs from that car and it was not cheap! sorry Rob

Ruud