Any more news on this show Malc? I'm looking forward to it already... :smile:

Dave
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Robb
12 years ago
spoke to Adrian Chalmers last weekend, and its def going ahead.

when does booking open?
six-o-one
12 years ago
More details will be announced to coincide with Bad Camberg. Registration will be open, hopefully a little later once we've finalised a few things we need to look into...

It will follow basically the same format as the 2008 show with a few improvements and changes to cover feedback on the last show.

Malc
Old Blue
12 years ago
Lavenham is not so far from where we live. Looking forward to going along.

Maybe we will have a 1950s Beetle by then. Ours is a 1968 Bug.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Emily's dad
12 years ago
Old Blue
12 years ago

Doesn't help much, that is restricted to pre 1967 VWs too. Our 1968 Beetle is over 43 years old pure stock, and all original except for one outside respray. Earlier cars are on these 'stock'forums that are not 100% stock.

It is a shame that there is this division forced between stock classic Beetle fans. The Beetle had on-going changes from 1938-2003, why choose to discard original examles built 1967 onwards (based on 12volt flat headlights - just another on the many, many changes). Jon however has his sights firmly on a 1958 Beetle so he'll join the 'elite' eventually. I think he'll still love 'Old Blue' our 1968 Beetle just as much.:smile:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

pre67vw
12 years ago
I get enough stick for this site not being pre '57...

maybe I'll change it to pre '57 just as you get your '58 :rofl:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
12 years ago

It is a shame that there is this division forced between stock classic Beetle fans.

Old Blue wrote:

If it wasn't like that,then this place would'nt be any different from all the rest.

'53 is the date you should be looking at Rob,you know i've always said it:roll:
48REME
12 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

'53? Nah!...far too common. I say let's make it pre-'45 only for real, proper enthusiasts who can go and disappear up their vintage bottoms and leave the rest of us unworthies to actually enjoy our hobby and our cars.
GKL 7
12 years ago

'53? Nah!...far too common. I say let's make it pre-'45 only for real, proper enthusiasts who can go and disappear up their vintage bottoms and leave the rest of us unworthies to actually enjoy our hobby and our cars.

48REME wrote:

Some comments i post Nick, should be taken with a large pinch of salt.
It's not a matter of life and death,it's a hobby,as you so rightly pointed out.

Anyway back on track,to Malc.Would be great if you release the dates at Camberg.I know by what you've said in the past accomodation is a little limited in the area.
Old Blue
12 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

What an inspiration this guy is to using this site.

Not only does he upset other members with his comments he fails to remember that not all of us have the budget to go pre 1953. Owning a split window Beetle or split cabrio remains a dream in our house.

There are some very interesting later cars here owned by some members, which presumably he'd like to be rid of.

GKL 7
12 years ago

Not only does he upset other members with his comments

Old Blue wrote:

Pot meet Kettle.

Some people are totally devoid of any sense of humour.

The line was a crack.

As for me trying to get rid of people.You're begining to sound like Ovaltine and R********p.
Old Blue
12 years ago

Pot meet Kettle.

Some people are totally devoid of any sense of humour.

The line was a crack.

As for me trying to get rid of people.You're begining to sound like Ovaltine and R********p.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Well it didn't come across like that to me, or for 48 RME it would seem.

It would be great to own a really early VW as I sure it would for others here too. But as I earlier posted, I think any 100% stock original Beetle is worthy of note, not just pre 1967 or 1953 cars.

GKL 7
12 years ago

Well it didn't come across like that to me, or for 48 RME it would seem.

Old Blue wrote:

If you had read all the posts it should have done.

Bloody Southerners:x

(Oh! that was another joke BTW)
Old Blue
12 years ago

If you had read all the posts it should have done.

Bloody Southerners:x

(Oh! that was another joke BTW)

'50 Karmann wrote:

Division of our cars and division of our country too.

That's my joke.:smile:

pre67vw
12 years ago
I knew it was a joke, a little bit of a sense of humour doesn't go amiss sometimes...:roll:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
surrey67
12 years ago
Looking forwards to this one , had to pull out of the last one due to family illness
1967 Westfalia SO42