barnjunkie
12 years ago
Any pics from this show any details of what went on behind the scene to create the show

Would this show ever happen again as there are more period cars around europe now than back then

What year was it ?? 1998/99

these are the only pics I took
UserPostedImage
from Bewl Waters IVVM show
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
12 years ago

Would this show ever happen again as there are more period cars around europe now than back then

barnjunkie wrote:

As I understand it, this is the show that morphed into the Peppercorn show.

I think this years Peppercorn is going back to its vintage roots, I'm hoping Geoff is going to send me some more info on this soon - I'll post it up as soon as I get it.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
RockStock
12 years ago
it was Peppercorn, then a guest year at Bewl Water...then back to Peppercorn

I think is going back to its vintage roots

pre67vw wrote:

boy it needs to. i think i'll wait for the reviews from this one
StockRocks
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Trev- I took loads of pics at Bewl Water, I'll have to dig them out and get them scanned. I think the location moved due to some problems with using Peppercorn that year

Chris- does that mean you're not going to Peppercorn this year?? I reckon it will be a good one.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
barnjunkie
12 years ago

Trev- I took loads of pics at Bewl Water, I'll have to dig them out and get them scanned. I think the location moved due to some problems with using Peppercorn that year

Chris- does that mean you're not going to Peppercorn this year?? I reckon it will be a good one.

Rich Oakley wrote:

that would be good Rich

But I believe that like Bad Camberg and HO in Germany we need an international show in a location bigger than Lavenham, Don't get me wrong I luv Lavenham as an historic place but if this show gets too big where would it go ?

RockStock
12 years ago
R, it has fallen short for a while...& it's a fair way to go to be disappointed
No doubt it will be better this year - but for me it has (had) completely lost its way. Maybe Russ will come pick me up for the Sunday. Is he up for it?

if this show gets too big where would it go ?

barnjunkie wrote:

it will takeover more Lavenham streets!
& the town will learn to be proud of its VW day!

perfect venue
StockRocks
aerosilver
12 years ago

Maybe Russ will come pick me up for the Sunday. Is he up for it?

RockStock wrote:

I'm waiting for the day when you drive me to a show in your VW :rofl:
Russ.