GKL 7
  •  GKL 7
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2011-06-09T15:28:18Z
Anybody have any interesting stories about walking away from a car in hind sight they really should have purchased.
A pic would be nice aswell.
Sponsor

(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
54 Gertie
2011-06-09T16:57:53Z
Yep. Red '60 for sale in Ealing (maybe Hanwell, never mind). A bit rough around the edges but a good running MOT'd car for £1k. No tax which was an arse, but free.

Walked away as the guy needed it gone very quickly (parked in London with no tax on the road...) and I couldn't get there to tax it in the day and he wouldn't tax it for me.

Saw it a few months later on VZi, slammed on it's arse and a 'hoodride' stencil on it. :roll:
William
54 Gertie
2011-06-09T17:01:26Z
Here's a photo, your in luck. As you can see no show winner but for £1k, it was great.

UserPostedImage
William
lifeintheslowlane
2011-06-09T18:53:53Z
Don't really do regrets but I did have a chance to buy this piece of "Vintage Speed" history:

UserPostedImage

It's a long story... http://www.thesamba.com/...m/viewtopic.php?t=113641 

It went to the right man in the end...Mike Gregory of "House of Ghia." I got as far as phoning the then current owner in North Carolina in 2006.

This is after Mike had tidied it up.

UserPostedImage
John.
Chris
2011-06-09T22:12:36Z
Originally Posted by: ' 

Anybody have any interesting stories about walking away from a car in hind sight they really should have purchased.
A pic would be nice aswell.

Did you start this thread to wind me up ? :thumbdn:

What makes it worse is knowing that it's now being restored and can be viewed on here :(

Nevermind :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
vintagebug
2011-06-09T22:54:51Z
Chris wrote:

Did you start this thread to wind me up ? :thumbdn:

:d :d :d

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"