65deluxe
12 years ago
Anybody got any thoughts on the best repro heater channels and floor pans for a zwitter or early oval - presuming they are the same .
Im after quality and availability in Europe .

Thanks Jon
Please check out 65 deluxe on Facebook to see all my work in one place
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Sunroof53
12 years ago
Not sure on availability but Gerson is the only one producing early pans.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=433942&start=80 
zelensis61
12 years ago
Heater channels: I got this tip from a well known restorer:thumbup:
- IGP with bottom from WOlf and need to change the hole for the heater outlet.
The floorpans is a mystery. I think in CZ there is a guy making them for kubels, They could be similar?
Greetings.

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Bjoern
12 years ago

Heater channels: I got this tip from a well known restorer:thumbup:
- IGP with bottom from WOlf and need to change the hole for the heater outlet.
The floorpans is a mystery. I think in CZ there is a guy making them for kubels, They could be similar?
Greetings.

zelensis61 wrote:

The guy in Czech produces sheet-metal for the Type 82 - theses floorpans only fits in pre-49 cars.But there are "funky green" floopans from Klassicfab freshly on the marked. I have spoke to Gerson at Bad Camberg and he told me that he will have heating channels for the early bugs in next future. I'll hope that the will fit better than his fenders 😉
65deluxe
12 years ago

I have spoke to Gerson at Bad Camberg and he told me that he will have heating channels for the early bugs in next future. I'll hope that the will fit better than his fenders ;-)

Bjoern wrote:

I am a bit worried about quality and possible price so will hang fire on Gerson channels - floor pans look good and seem to have been well received by people .

I have managed to get some of the "correct " style IPG channels and Hooky is going to make me some decent bottoms .

Anyone got any leads on replacement of the flexible tube that comes from the channels to the windows .

Any help appreciated

Please check out 65 deluxe on Facebook to see all my work in one place