axelstruwe
12 years ago
here is an inside preview of the VW 38/06 book that i make together with Christian Grundmann.You see 28 sites from about 157.
Enjoy the pics and buy the book...:smile:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
12 years ago
:thumbup:

Looks awesome... Just need an English version now :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
12 years ago

:thumbup:

Looks awesome... Just need an English version now :wink:

pre67vw wrote:

X2
I would certainly buy a copy,printed in English.
Mike Peckham
12 years ago
X 3!!
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago
How Do I Buy The Book ?
"Mr Stock"
Jules
12 years ago

How Do I Buy The Book ?

WayneMcCarthy wrote:

You could ask me!!

I'm going to be ordering some direct from the publisher, if you would like a copy, and that goes for anyone else who wants it, I can order it for you. I will problbly place the order in around 3 weeks from now.

Price will be the regular retail price, whatever that might be.

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Being from Yorkshire 😛 Whats the cost ??????????????? Andy W
64rotbox
12 years ago
Good grief. That's rather a nice item. Beats a magazine feature, for certain! Was a book always part of the plan when doing the car, or did it just work out that way?
You can call me Al.
Jules
12 years ago

AW wrote:

Rob and I discussed that and figured that anywhere between £30 and £50 would be about right.

I'm 99% that the price will be £29.95 so really good value, it's going to be awesome!
WayneMcCarthy
12 years ago
I'll Have One Please ! Got Your PM Jules , But Couldn't Reply Your PM's are Full !

Here's my email , for when they arrive Thanks

[email protected]
"Mr Stock"
Ivan
12 years ago
Axel showed me the proofs at BC, and all I can say is the is a MUST HAVE book. His photography is truly astonishing. Axel followed the project throughout shooting every step of the work. He was also responsible for numerous elements of the work, such as the speedometer and gearshift plate. The man is a genius when it comes to detail! Once you have got a copy of this book you should take into account the countless hours of work Axel put into this masterpiece. The side on shot of the completed car took an extraordinary amount of time to get right- so that no reflections were cast into the car. Having worked with VW photography for 20 years, trust me when I say this book is better than anything you will have seen. Don't be concerned about the fact it is in German - BUY IT!
Jules
12 years ago
The VW38 book is now up on the KK website so its easy to order, clicking the picture will take you there...

UserPostedImage 
chthemonkey
12 years ago
just ordered a copy carnt wait for it to arrive:thumbup:
Mike Peckham
12 years ago
I see from the thread on the Samba that there is an English Version planned, so I think I shall be holding on for that. Having said that, the German version would be worth buying for the pictures alone - but I want to savour the story of the restoration and learn more about it's history, so I'm just going to have to hold on.

It looks like a fantastic book, true honey for the eyes!

Mike :thumbup:

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Mike Peckham
12 years ago

AW wrote:

Have just been on to Amazon and found that it's available there for £16.96, at that price it's worth buying it now for the pictures alone! So, have ordered one in German and will certainly be ordering another one when the English version becomes available.

pre67vw
12 years ago

Have just been on to Amazon and found that it's available there for £16.96, at that price it's worth buying it now for the pictures alone! So, have ordered one in German and will certainly be ordering another one when the English version becomes available.

Mike Peckham wrote:

Considering it's €29.90 from the publishers (Delius Klasing) website, £16.96 is indeed a bargain. It'll be interesting to see if you do get it for that...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
axelstruwe
12 years ago

Considering it's €29.90 from the publishers (Delius Klasing) website, £16.96 is indeed a bargain. It'll be interesting to see if you do get it for that...

pre67vw wrote:

16.96 would surprise me....:shock:
Mike Peckham
12 years ago

16.96 would surprise me....:shock:

axelstruwe wrote:

The order's been confirmed, hopefully it'll arrive. Whether it does or doesn't I'll put a note on here to update everyone.

There were various prices being quoted by different suppliers, £16.96 was the cheapest and the most expensive was just under £20. Not sure how that works if the publisher is quoting so much more...

Mike

Mike Peckham
12 years ago
Just had email confirmation that my order has been shipped, should be arriving early next week. So, it looks as though the book is available for £16.96 through Amazon. I'll post when it arrives just to confirm that it's the correct book!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/3768833623/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1316806165&sr=1-1&condition=new 

Mike Peckham
12 years ago
It arrived! And it is the right book. :wink:

What a fantastic book, it’s incredibly well photographed and presented. My German is pretty minimal so I really don’t understand much of the text, but it matters not because the illustrations are a feast for the eyes and tell the story beautifully!

I shall buy the English version when it’s eventually published but am more than happy with just looking at the pictures for now.

The Book Depository is selling it at £18.50 (see the link above) which is still a good saving on the RRP of £24.95 so well worth buying.

Mike