j.scribner
19 years ago
Hello-
I just learned within the past several days that Primedia, the corporation that publishes VW Trends magazine has decided to stop publication of the magazine effective immediately with the February, 2005 issue. This information is from Wayne Dean, who many of you might recognize as a contributing editor to VW Trends, and moderator of Superbeetles.com (another website devoted to both regular and Supers). If you wish, you can drop by and visit his website, and get e-mail addresses for writing Primedia to voice your opinion on this matter, and also requesting refunds for any balance of your subscription, if you have one. I encourage everyone to take an interest in this matter, which was based on flagging ad sales for the magazine, as we all have probably benefited from information published by this and other air-cooled magazines (many of which Primedia publishes worldwide)
Just for your information,
John Scribner
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
19 years ago
:shock:

That would be a real shame to see that mag go. I don't think that VW Trends is very popular in Europe, although I subscribed to it for many years. I stopped because it was full of adverts!!

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Larry
19 years ago
I was still half way asleep when I first opened the forum. I am wide awake now. :shock: :shock: :shock: WOW

Larry
Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW
j.scribner
19 years ago
Latest update on this news- Perhaps partly due to a growing grassroots campaign by air-cooled VW owners and subscribers to VW Trends to e-mail Primedia Corp., they have apparently decided to publish a March 2005 issue of the magazine before letting it die. Wayne Dean will be sending out information to the 800 recipients of the superbeetles.com newsletter to encourage as many air-cooled VW owners to write Primedia as possible. Our hobby suffers when even a small part of it dies.
John Scribner
dragon
19 years ago
Däm!
Sad to hear that.
I have read it irregularly from 1984.....
sambadude
19 years ago
that's because the dropped the covergirls back in the in the 80's
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage 
Larry
19 years ago
For additional information switch over to the "General/Chat" section of the forum.

Larry :evil: :evil: :evil:
p.s. I never thought that I would ever use the "Very Mad" faces.
Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW