AW
  •  AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2012-02-20T18:18:11Z
Like the title says any one up for a project at £815.00 at the moment no reserve in Gloucestershire.



Andy W
AW attached the following image(s):
Sponsor


(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
GKL 7
2012-02-20T18:52:34Z
Come on Andy,time you learned how to do this.:d




http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...&hash=item4162a61a41 




Why not,If you are selling a car, spend a little time over the photographs.Those pictures are close to useless.
RockStock
2012-02-20T19:38:01Z
2/10 for photos, 1/10 for spelin

Quote:

LITTAL
OF TO DUB FREEZE
INTENSTION
COMEING


StockRocks
Old Blue
2012-02-21T10:21:36Z
Its up to £1,750 now, looks a major project with a lot to find.

Apparently it can keep your crutches cool before you hand them back to the hospital.:rofl:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
69project
2012-02-22T00:32:16Z
its pretty horrible isnt it and at 2k and rising with lots of silly questions and needing lots of expensive parts i wouldnt bother

there is a much nicer couple of 49s samba at the moment

and the grammar is indeed terrible!
Car less.....
Rattletrap
2012-02-23T11:14:34Z
Its good to see that there is interest in saving this split.:beer:

Not too many years ago it may have been cannabalised for its rear window for a later running car, or would have been hacked about to make a Heb replica.

The bad grama is deliberate, surely.:?
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
The great Rattletrap debate: http://forums.pre67vw.co...aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
AW
  •  AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2012-02-23T11:55:35Z
GKL 7 wrote:

Come on Andy,time you learned how to do this.:d




http://www.ebay.co.uk/it...&hash=item4162a61a41 




Why not,If you are selling a car, spend a little time over the photographs.Those pictures are close to useless.




I Know i know got to get a mate round to take me through it step by step :cry:

Andy W
Rod_vw
2012-02-24T09:07:37Z
Rattletrap wrote:

Its good to see that there is interest in saving this split.:beer:

Not too many years ago it may have been cannabalised for its rear window for a later running car, or would have been hacked about to make a Heb replica.

The bad grama is deliberate, surely.:?



John you don't need grama or spellin if you only use a text phone! Perhaps a stiffer GCSE in textin would solve the problem.

Come to think of it perhaps the pictures were done with a mobile phone.

Rod
beefykeefy
2012-02-24T15:31:45Z
Looks like a shi*ter to me.

Pish poor spelling too :oops:

Rattletrap
2012-02-24T16:30:47Z
beefykeefy wrote:

Looks like a shi*ter to me.


So what, any split window Beetle deserves a chance to 'live again'.

I'll take my hat off to the winning bidder.:beer:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
The great Rattletrap debate: http://forums.pre67vw.co...aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Rattletrap
2012-02-24T16:33:03Z
Rod_vw wrote:

John you don't need grama or spellin if you only use a text phone! Perhaps a stiffer GCSE in textin would solve the problem.

Come to think of it perhaps the pictures were done with a mobile phone.

Rod


Aint txt tlk geeze, it 2 long init txt is gr8.

The guys kool wiv is ad. U dubbers r knobs if u dont c it:shock:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
The great Rattletrap debate: http://forums.pre67vw.co...aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
AW
  •  AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
2012-02-27T17:55:04Z
SOLD £4100 Hope the winner joins the site :d So we can see what happens to her.


Andy w
Rattletrap
2012-02-27T19:10:00Z
AW wrote:

SOLD £4100 Hope the winner joins the site :d So we can see what happens to her.

Andy w


Its good to see that splits are beginning to see really healthy values. The Beetle is the most iconic car and motoring legend of all time, and the split is the original masterpiece. Its so good to see cars like this saved.:beer:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
The great Rattletrap debate: http://forums.pre67vw.co...aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
beefykeefy
2012-02-29T13:39:14Z
Rattletrap wrote:

So what, any split window Beetle deserves a chance to 'live again'.

I'll take my hat off to the winning bidder.:beer:




Of course it deserves a second chance... but that still doesn't excuse it from being a sh*tter at present.

Good luck to the new owner.
Old Blue
2012-03-07T13:12:04Z
AW wrote:

SOLD £4100 Hope the winner joins the site :d So we can see what happens to her.


Andy w


Values are certainly increasing, while my chances of ever owning a split are decreasing. I was looking forward to the day when I'd be able to pick up a split resto project to work on in my retirement, expecting to pay around £2-3k. I can't catch up with the spiralling prices of these cars.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Si Med
2012-03-09T21:46:29Z
4100! Wow:smile:
54 UK rhd