Old Blue
11 years ago
During my poor attempts searching the 'web' for an affordable 1946-7 British Occupation built Beetle I have come onto a German site 'Mobile DE', and found a 1946 Beetle for sale which isn't (a '46 that is - its a Deluxe??), and is way beyond my price band. There's also a nice 1948, which is a little later than I'd like, but also too expensive.

Most suprising however is a 1942 Beetle offered for sale. Again, way beyond my price limit, but much less than I thought it would be worth. There cannot be many Beetles older than this, so I would have expected a price into the three figure bracket. I've never seen a KdF Beetle for sale before, although Kubels and Shwimmers do often turn-up.

Sorry, I cant get the link to copy its way too long, but I'm sure some of you will know the site.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
11 years ago
The '42 is a well known car and has been for sale for a while now, registration KS VW 42

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
ianmac
11 years ago
I believe it is a '50 body on a '42 floor pan?

fantakid
11 years ago
Hi, it is just a Kubel chassis with a later beetle body - that why nobody wants to buy it.

If it would be a orginal KDF beetle - the prize would be from 35000 to 75000 euro for a unrestaured KDF

Bye Christian
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Whats the asking price on it ??????

Andy W
ianmac
11 years ago

Whats the asking price on it ??????

Andy W

AW wrote:

59000 euros
ianmac
11 years ago

The '48 is also advertised on The Samba (since November 2012):-

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1392524 

vintagebug wrote:

I would like to bring that car to England if the price was a little bit more reasonable.... Has anyone seen it in the 'flesh' ?
GKL 7
11 years ago
ALL ORIGINAL ????

What about that Sunroof :?:
ianmac
11 years ago

ALL ORIGINAL ????

What about that Sunroof :?:

GKL 7 wrote:

Oh.. didn't realise that had been cut in :oops:
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
This is Otto Weymann's car. It's the oldest beetle in the world that has been continously registered.  Otto (Small).JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)
fantakid
11 years ago
Hello Piet,

to put it clear - this car was build in the 50ths - they put on a 1942 Kubel chassis a split body - that is it.

I know of a 1947 or 1948 beetle wich is since that time always registered - so i think this would be the oldest permanent registered beetle !

Christian
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Ok Christian, I believe you but does Herr Weymann knows?
Proost! Peter.
fantakid
11 years ago
Hi Piet,

i think so but he soo much into his story that he now believes it :-)

Everybody who is harc core into old vw in germany also knows this - it is an open story.

Bye Christian

PS That is why the car is not sold yet or did you every see an orginal KDF driveing under 60000 Euro for sale ?
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Good to know! Thanks, it's been covered before I just found out:https://forums.pre67vw.com/yaf_postst17263_wanted--oldest-beetle-that-was-continously-registered-since-new.aspx
Proost! Peter.
Old Blue
11 years ago

Oh.. didn't realise that had been cut in :oops:

ianmac wrote:

Didn't some '48s have factory fitted sunroofs though? Although I accept this one may be aftermarket.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Old Blue
11 years ago
Bad the guy advertising the car as a 1942 if it has a 1950 body. He's not being very straight forward.[-x

lifeintheslowlane
11 years ago

Bad the guy advertising the car as a 1942 if it has a 1950 body. He's not being very straight forward.[-x

Old Blue wrote:

Hey! Just thought we ought to start a trend by fitting a really old accessory to our cars to create a bit of a buzz about it.

Here's mine...I own the world's oldest Karmann Ghia...pre-dates the '53 prototype by 5 years.:smile:

John.
nicolass
11 years ago

Hi Piet,

i think so but he soo much into his story that he now believes it :-)

Everybody who is harc core into old vw in germany also knows this - it is an open story.

Bye Christian

PS That is why the car is not sold yet or did you every see an orginal KDF driveing under 60000 Euro for sale ?

fantakid wrote:

Christian

Otto knows his car is not original, it is certain a special beetle who owned by Otto for years with pleasure

I have some questions :
With this history is the beetle more worth than a normal split from the 50.?

Lets say a car comes out of the factory and hit a tree ,they put new fenders on and spray the car,is it original ?
A 20 year old car blow up his engine they put a 20 year old engine in is it original ?
When you weld a new original heatercannel in is the car original ?
The VW 38 and the type 30 beetles are complete rebuilt are they original ?

99% of the restored/rebuilt cars are so not original am i right ?

The market price is what somebody want to pay for.

When Otto's car is date correct the price is fair for somebody who want it with this history

And sure i love your VW 38 and the VW 30 beetles and all the other old VW ,specialy when they are"date correct" restored

I think we must banish the definition of "original"and call the cars "date correct"

Nico

fantakid
11 years ago
Hi Nico,

the point is that he is telling this is an orgional 1942 beetle to the normal guys - just if you are into vw and asked he says it it on a kübel chassis.

I am not into it to point out - oh this is orginal and this is not - but he is doing the same like a lot of strange people that just try to make money and look for the one stupid guy who has no idea and buys this car because he thinks it is a good deal.

Everybody could put a kubel on an early chassis and say oh this was done in the old times.

Christian