Rod_vw
  • Rod_vw
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
At last I can report that the Salt & Pepper Material - Brown & Black & White twist will be produced here in the UK. Stock is expected to be with me by late May 2013.

The material will be produced with 100% wool yarn and at a width of 60inches. The picture shows a sample of the new product overlaid on a piece from my 1946 Beetle.

Price will be £60 per running metre plus shipping.

If all goes according to plan collection may be possible at Hessisch Oldendorf this coming June.

Anyone interested please contact me soon as there is only a small run in production and some is already sold!

Rod Sleigh email [email protected]

UserPostedImage

11 years ago
That looks fantastic, Rod.
Wish I needed some! LOL
Good luck with this,
Rob.
Rod_vw
  • Rod_vw
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
Thanks for the encouragement Rob. It's taken a while to get this far but as you say it looks good now. You saw the early samples so know what the quality is and how it feels.

At least our '46 will look good in the upholstery department! The aim is for Bad Camberg 2015, if it happens. Time will tell and of course getting it into (and out of) a workshop that you and I know of!!

Rod
Rod_vw
  • Rod_vw
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
Anyone wishing to see the sample of the new material alongside an original seat cover please come along to the VW Books stand at the VolksWorld Show at Sandown Park, this weekend (March 23rd & 24th).

Rod
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
Will do Rod. See you tomorrow.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rod_vw
  • Rod_vw
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
Cheers Rich, good to see you on Saturday.

I hope that you liked what you saw, you were not alone having a look.

Rod
Rod_vw
  • Rod_vw
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
There is progress to report, it's on the loom and nearly complete. When the weaving is completed the fabric will go for some minor 'finishing' then I can collect it. Yes collect, it is being produced here in the UK!

UserPostedImage

I guess the weavers will want me to pay as well!

Rod
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
Thanks for the update Rod.

Really pleased to hear this is being produced in the UK. Has Kev Maddock been in touch? I assume Martin needs some too?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rod_vw
  • Rod_vw
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
Hi Rich,

Yes and yes to your questions and they are not alone.

I'm pleased that it is going to be with me well before Hessisch, I may be able to get my seats completed before that as well. The frames came back from being powder coated earlier this week.

Door and rear quarter cards are the next challenge along with the carpets / floor covering.

Rod
Rod_vw
  • Rod_vw
  • Regular Topic Starter
11 years ago
The roll shown above is now in my possession!

Samples have been posted to those who have already shown an interest.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1443761 

There is not a vast amount produced so when it's gone it's gone!

Rod
Rod_vw
  • Rod_vw
  • Regular Topic Starter
9 years ago
Just to bring this thread back to the top.

There is still a small amount of the UK produced 'Salt & Pepper' fabric available. If anyone in the UK wants to grab some before it goes to Bad Camberg shout up now.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1443761 

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=134583  page 2 onwards.

Rod