AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
11 years ago
I know this is old hat but who are people with at the moment as my 59 is about ready to prowl the streets :omg: Any horror storys ??????????

Andy W
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
lifeintheslowlane
11 years ago
The trouble with Classic Car Insurance is you never know how good the company you are using is, until you lodge a claim. We all have had insurance but how many of us have claimed on it?
John.
GKL 7
11 years ago

The trouble with Classic Car Insurance is you never know how good the company you are using is, until you lodge a claim. We all have had insurance but how many of us have claimed on it?

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

I've never actually claimed, in 35 years, on a classic car policy.
pre67vw
11 years ago
Exactly what I was thinking, I'm with Lancaster which was pretty good price wise, but I've not had to claim to cant really say how good they are.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
I had never claimed on any insurance policy (in 21 years of driving), until yesterday.

Somebody rolled back into my Fastback and twisted the bumper. The offender gave me her details and I spoke to her a few days later with regards to getting it sorted outside the insurance. She then proceeded to ignore my calls and messages so I contacted the insurance company yesterday (footman james). Have filed a claim with them and then spoke to their underwriters. They will send out an assessor in the next few working days. Will keep you posted!

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
11 years ago

I had never claimed on any insurance policy (in 21 years of driving), until yesterday.

Somebody rolled back into my Fastback and twisted the bumper. The offender gave me her details and I spoke to her a few days later with regards to getting it sorted outside the insurance. She then proceeded to ignore my calls and messages so I contacted the insurance company yesterday (footman james). Have filed a claim with them and then spoke to their underwriters. They will send out an assessor in the next few working days. Will keep you posted!

Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Will be very intrested in the outcome Rich as i have been pointed to footman james. Never had a clame in all the 35 years of driving toutch wood :d

Andy W
harveypj
11 years ago
I insure with footman James, never claimed so cannot coment on that side of it but they are pretty good on price for a good level of cover. They also allow you to value the car yourself with supporting evidence that they then review and approve. I know this can be a hastle with some insurers.
Renewed just the other week, £133 for me and the wife, limited to 3000 miles a year, agreed value, if at home has to be in the garage between 10pm and 6am.

Pete
Stock......the new custom
six-o-one
11 years ago
I've been with Footman James for many years but, on receiving the renewal notice for £180 for the '55 Oval, I've decided to give Hegerty Insurance a try. £83 - Fully comp agreed value at £7.5K, Garaged, Limited millage at 1,500 per year.

https://www.hagertyinsurance.co.uk 

They're local-ish to me and sponsor the Stony Stratford Classic Car Shows, a very friendly small company.

Malc