beefykeefy
11 years ago
Been offered a 67, in need of some work.

Got all the OYO bits, but the hubcaps are missing. Car has lots of history and paperwork.

Rear inner wheel arches will need repair and the A post bottoms are a bit crusty. As far as I can tell, heater channels are OK, but the front foot wells were a bit damp locally. Pan looked fine underneath.

Front window seal perished. Probably all seals need replacing soon.

Spare wheel well spot on. Boot area and firewall very clean, as is under the rear seat. Interior is good too, aside from drivers seat has splits on backrest and head liner a bit knackered below rear window.

Car has a 1300 in the back, but seller also has a 1500 lump, but that will need a rebuild.

Price for car and 1500 lump is £1200.00.

What say you folks???
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Robb
11 years ago
i'd say plan for alot more metalwork then you think!

bulkhead prob gone also.

67's were mega rusty, the metalwork is alot thinner.

whats wrong with your own?
beefykeefy
11 years ago

i'd say plan for alot more metalwork then you think!

bulkhead prob gone also.

67's were mega rusty, the metalwork is alot thinner.

whats wrong with your own?

Robb wrote:

My own is OK, this came up and fancied another :drool:

Anyways, oven broke over the weekend and the wife thinks hot food is more important than another Beetle... :omg: :thumbdn:

That looks like the end of that then...
karlito
10 years ago
I ended up buying this bug at the weekend!:roll:
beefykeefy
10 years ago

karlito wrote:

Good luck, I assume it's from the chap near Bedford - I loved it, but lots of stuff went wrong at home, and any spare cash just fizzled away... just wasn't meant to be.

Got any plans? Keeping it stock I hope :thumbup:
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago

karlito wrote:

You will have to put up some photos of her for us all to see. :roll:

Andy W
karlito
10 years ago
This is the only one i have at the mo, will take some more today, and yes, it will be stock!!
UserPostedImage 
Robb
10 years ago
another savanna beige one! :lol:
beefykeefy
10 years ago
Any more pics? I've been all over it like a rash, but I'd still like another look :beer:

If you get rid of anything, let me know, however insignificant. :beer: :beer:
beefykeefy
10 years ago
... post error... :roll: :oops:
karlito
10 years ago
Sure thing, ive only taken a couple so far.
I had a spare H code engine in the back of the shop so i popped that in for the time being (not a fan of pushing cars about!)and converted it back to dynamo at the same time.
I also had a spare drivers seat back (correct for year), so that's gone in, same with the bonnet liner as the Eberspacher had been removed leaving half of the liner missing.
I took the clock out and am thinking of getting rid of the spots, as i dont really like them, but not made my mind up yet...

So, now it runs and drives, electrics check outwill get on the welding next week, body after that (it all sounds so easy!)

Need to decide whether to use the new day mouldings wings that came with it or repair the metal ones...

Does anyone make the 66-67 only rear bumper mounts?
UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

Robb
10 years ago

Does anyone make the 66-67 only rear bumper mounts?

karlito wrote:

nope, i had to sort my off the samba from america, and had them cut from a rust free cali 67.

the repro repair panels are incorrect as they dont have the buldges to clear the valve covers.

family treasure hey? same they didnt look after it better.

the day mouldings wings are so good, i'd go for them :thumbup:
Robb
10 years ago
p.s do you need any 67 only window winders

beefykeefy
10 years ago
Pity it wasn't looked after. Liking those white banded tyres above^^^^.

The nice bloke near Bedford who was selling told me the PO took it in for repairs, and never picked the car up :oops: :? :cry: .

It lay festering outside for years. Such a shame, but it looks like it'll live again!!!

Karlito, can I please have dibs on those wings, if you change to the Day Moulding ones. I need a challenge....

I may have some tyres going begging....
karlito
10 years ago
it was owned by the editor of VW motoring,(Neil Birkett ?) he was the one who left it at the bodyshop for some reason..

Im good for winders thanks, if i get rid of the wings i will let you know mate, but, i will probably keep em to be honest..

Took it for a drive down the lane today, it drives like new.mmmmm 😉
Robb
10 years ago
i knew that i recognised the car! i think he did a how to on it in one issue, fitting dropped spindles to it.

cool car