luctremoulet
11 years ago
Hi all

I work for a TV production company called Blakeway Productions. We are currently producing a series about Branding for Chinese National Television (CCTV) and BBC Worldwide.

‘Secrets of Branding’ is a groundbreaking documentary TV series aimed at shedding light on the art of branding. Our series will focus on successful brands that have grown to become innovators and field leaders in global business. Across eight 50-minute programmes, the series will explain how some of the world’s greatest brands have been built, grown, and sustained on the road to reaching iconic status.
We really want to feature the VW beetle in the series and show how it was so successfully exported to the US in the 50s.
I would be fascinated to interview people who were amongst the first people in the US to buy a Beetle in the 50s. Or otherwise meet people who own one of the very first beetles to be exported to the States.

I was wondering whether you might know some of these people and if so, whether you could kindly put me in touch with them. If not, I was hoping you could suggest people who might be able to help me.

I look forward to hearing back from you. I can be contacted on [email protected]
All the best
Luc
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
11 years ago
Hi Luc,

This is primarily a UK forum, so not many users from the US.

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
luctremoulet
11 years ago
Thanks for the information Rich. I'm also on other US forums like the Samba. I'm trying a bit everywhere on the off chance someone might come through!
Best wishes
Luc
Rod_vw
10 years ago
Luc,

https://www.greatvwads.com  email contact from that website is [email protected]

Rod