pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
10 years ago
Amazing... it's aparently covered under 100 miles in the last 45 years.  9682668c-d309-45e5-b199-97ebbf3bb53c.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  965287_10200530234511963_198362257_o.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  967313_10200530234191955_851781965_o.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  824af114-d38c-402b-b862-7c0ad29bbd58.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
vintagebug
10 years ago
Fantastic, I'd love to own that! Where did you hear about it Rob? And what's with the rear light lenses? And shouldn't the exhaust exit on the RHS?

Lovely car though :smile:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
10 years ago
Holy Grail Garage...

Not sure about the tail lights, presumably they were updated some time in it's history. Not bad considering it hasn't been restored though.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
six-o-one
10 years ago

Holy Grail Garage...

Not sure about the tail lights, presumably they were updated some time in it's history. Not bad considering it hasn't been restored though.

pre67vw wrote:

Did you happen to ask the price?

:shock:
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
10 years ago

Did you happen to ask the price?

:shock:

six-o-one wrote:

Nah, I didn't want to waste his time - well beyond my pocket.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
vintagebug
10 years ago
I guess it's this one:-

"1947 Beetle! Standard, 2 owners since new, matching numbers as confirmed by the earliest birth certificate I've ever seen dated 1967, 25hp engine with nearly every early part, full crashbox transaxle, short shock front beam, cable brakes, wingnut seats, banana bumpers with overriders, all 5 16 inch wheels, stamped decklid, all correct fenders, hood, aprons, doors, glass, football mirror, original nipple hubcaps, early ribbed 3 spoke steering wheel, large switch pod, 5 finger rear window stamping, etc. No significant rust either! Imagine a "good" car that stashed indoors 50 years ago and this is it."

I couldn't see any pics of it on the website though.... maybe you have to be part of the "elite" to be able to get access to those! (eh Rob? :d ).

I see he has a '43 KDF & a '44 Kubelwagen coming up for sale as well. Maybe I'll buy all 3 of them...

:roll:

Dave
harveypj
10 years ago
Yeh, think I could probably suffer that:drool:
Stock......the new custom
Rich Oakley
10 years ago
Wow! What's the story Rob?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rattletrap
10 years ago
100 miles covered in the last 45 years, amazing how someone can manage that. I wonder if the mileage on the speedo is first or second time around, I think the general appearance would suggest second.

Some grey overspray around so looks like an inside and out repaint. But all the same an amazing car.:beer:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
ianmac
10 years ago
Amazing it shows that they are still out there 😎
WayneMcCarthy
10 years ago
Very Very Nice ..........
"Mr Stock"
karlito
10 years ago
Rich Oakley
10 years ago
Now sold 🙂
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
vintagebug
10 years ago

Now sold :)

Rich Oakley wrote:

Any more info, Rich? Who, where, price etc?

Dave
Rich Oakley
10 years ago

Any more info, Rich? Who, where, price etc?

vintagebug wrote:

Brendan tells me it was a New Zealand car and is heading for a large collection in the US. Price close to 6 figures from what I was told by somebody else.
Old Blue
10 years ago

Price close to 6 figures from what I was told by somebody else.

Rich Oakley wrote:

The prices. I don't think I'll ever get a 40s Beetle:(
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Looks like a great original car, with a few minor updates to put right.

My 47 has done less than 100 miles in over 50 years :p

Prices have gone nuts if this car really went for close to 6 figures $ or £, Rich, how much was that early dizzy cap at Hessisch, 250+ Euros ? something crazy like that.

Did anyone ask how much this super early (45-46) decklid was at Hessisch ?? ...

UserPostedImage

Trading mega rare parts out of a barndoor deluxe ... has to be Hessisch :d

Rich Oakley
10 years ago
We really should have asked about that 45-46 decklid when we saw it Kev.

The price of the NZ '47 was $$ not ££. And yes, that dizzy cap (with Hessisch tax) was 250 Euros- nuts! I paid £45 for the last one I bought.

My '47 has done about 20,000kms in the past 50 years. It has worn out a set of tyres since it was restored. :smile:
usariemen
10 years ago

UserPostedImage

Trading mega rare parts out of a barndoor deluxe ... has to be Hessisch :d

Kev wrote:

That was my buddy Harald.
The hood was super solid, super rare and super expensive.
It was sold on sunday. For 2800 euros!

Master of my domaine.
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Wow 😮

thanks Carsten :smile: