Andy W
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rattletrap
10 years ago

Can any one tell me it the glass in the split window is handed /

Andy W

Originally Posted by: AW 

Glases will fit in ether aparture Andy. Those with the SEKURIT etched logo may end up with one logo upside down -or back to front if you flip the glass.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Rod_vw
10 years ago
Not handed but there are two different sizes!!

Early Splits before the days of shiny trims in the rubbers were larger and the rubber seal correspondingly thinner in section. I discovered this the hard way forty years ago when I rebuilt a '49. (TJJ 62)

Rod.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
10 years ago
Thanks for that Rod. Will have to get the camera out at Stanford and take some detaild photos of Splits :d

Andy W
Rattletrap
10 years ago

Not handed but there are two different sizes!!

Early Splits before the days of shiny trims in the rubbers were larger and the rubber seal correspondingly thinner in section. I discovered this the hard way forty years ago when I rebuilt a '49. (TJJ 62)

Rod.

Originally Posted by: Rod_vw 

Not sure what is meant by early splits??:?

The only splits that had the trim in the rubbers weere Zwitters, and then only the deluxe model. Rattletrap has these and so smaller glassses. All 'proper' splits pre Oct52 had no shiny trim.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378